Topic: LULLABY OF BROADWAY

I thought I would do an instrumental take of this old classic its sort of jazz flavored with a little finger pickin smile
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =102725034

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: LULLABY OF BROADWAY

Hey there Russell, great job on that one. The title of the song thru me off at first.  Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

didnt make much sense to me dude..good effort tho

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Papa it go's back a way and this is an original arrangment thanks for the kind words smile

papaguitar wrote:

Hey there Russell, great job on that one. The title of the song thru me off at first.  Mike

lol thanks marc,well theres a lot of things that dont make sense kind of like a abstract painting some like it some dont smile

marcalan wrote:

didnt make much sense to me dude..good effort tho

Like it, Russell !

A funked up version - I can see the top hats, tails and dancing troop wheeling around in my mind. Well done.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Russell you amaze me.  Never in my life did I think I'd hear "lullaby on broadway" on guitar!  There are a lot of songs that I LOVE that are "piano" songs but I've found chords for them and try to play them on my guitar... it's different for sure, but it works!  Isn't music such an amazing canvas to work with?!!!!!  Good job Russell!  Thank you!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I had a similar thought kind of swing jazz of the early forties in a cramped ballroom with people dancing with numbers on there back for hours to win a prize thanks for listening smile

StranSongs wrote:

Like it, Russell !

A funked up version - I can see the top hats, tails and dancing troop wheeling around in my mind. Well done.

MKM I always thought it was "of" Broadway "oh well on is OK to I never saw the sheet music for it just remembered the melody and I have been kicking around a unusual treatment of "Over The Rainbow" on Electric guitar with effects I am still working it out but early results sound cool thank you for your comments smile

mekidsmom wrote:

Russell you amaze me.  Never in my life did I think I'd hear "lullaby on broadway" on guitar!  There are a lot of songs that I LOVE that are "piano" songs but I've found chords for them and try to play them on my guitar... it's different for sure, but it works!  Isn't music such an amazing canvas to work with?!!!!!  Good job Russell!  Thank you!

Heya Russ,

I aint heard that one on any of the jukeboxes in my neck of the woods, but you sure know your way around that gittar,

Keep on pickin smile

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Wayne and I know your neck of the woods I played a gig in Jackson Hole absoultly breath taking views this was in the 70ths and it looked like an early Reno Nevada with lots of elk or deer (not sure which) met a nice gal there smile

wlbaye wrote:

Heya Russ,

I aint heard that one on any of the jukeboxes in my neck of the woods, but you sure know your way around that gittar,

Keep on pickin smile

Hi Russ
Love the originality of this piece.
Some times you have to go where the music takes you.
Well done
ark

Ark the music seems at times to have a mind of its own once the melody line has been played,I just seem to think it as it happens hard to explain thanks for your comments smile

arkady wrote:

Hi Russ
Love the originality of this piece.
Some times you have to go where the music takes you.
Well done
ark

Russell_Harding wrote:

MKM I always thought it was "of" Broadway "oh well on is OK to I never saw the sheet music for it just remembered the melody and I have been kicking around a unusual treatment of "Over The Rainbow" on Electric guitar with effects I am still working it out but early results sound cool thank you for your comments smile

mekidsmom wrote:

Looked it up... it is "OF" not "ON" ... my bad, you were right!  Can't wait to hear "Over the Rainbow"!  A fav for sure!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

You never cease to amaze me Russ big_smile
Versatility is another of your strong suits.

Nice work
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Kenny I am happy with the positive feedback on this I wasn't sure what kind of reaction to this rendering there would be, so onward to another horizon smile

KAP54 wrote:

You never cease to amaze me Russ big_smile
Versatility is another of your strong suits.

Nice work
Kenny

ok now I dont have to edit lol

mekidsmom wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

mekidsmom wrote:

Looked it up... it is "OF" not "ON" ... my bad, you were right!  Can't wait to hear "Over the Rainbow"!  A fav for sure!

Well done and way off the beaten path for you!!!!!! It's time to start a wedding band!!!!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

19 (edited by Russell_Harding 2010-02-05 02:42:02)

Yikes!!! a wedding band,cumber buns like Murf and the magic tones lol not lol but I appreciate the comment Geo smile

geoaguiar wrote:

Well done and way off the beaten path for you!!!!!! It's time to start a wedding band!!!!!!!

Memories of childhood and Good ole Doris Day,
plus our local cinema..

Well done as always sir.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank  you my lady and I remember watching Doris Day,Gene Kelly,Frank Sinatra in a lot of musicials along with Donald O'conner those were special times smile

Old Doll wrote:

Memories of childhood and Good ole Doris Day,
plus our local cinema..

Well done as always sir.

Old Doll.

Nice job Russ!!!!!............ 

I like your version better but here's another interpretation of the tune.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXzRqJchYcg

Give everything but up.

23 (edited by Russell_Harding 2010-02-06 12:38:24)

Tony I like that version as well being a fingerpickin fan nice chord transitions and thank you for your comments smile

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Nice job Russ!!!!!............ 

I like your version better but here's another interpretation of the tune.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXzRqJchYcg