Topic: Interesting thing about Solfege

Solfege is a form a singing or strumming a scale. It works like this:

w   w    h   w w  w     h             
    ^   ^    ^  ^  ^  ^    ^                       
Do-Ray-Me-Fa-So-La-Tea-Do

I find that when I use with my guitar playing I find it significantly easier to find the half steps in a major scale. It's just something interesting to try, even though its more of a singing technique.

no audience required.

Re: Interesting thing about Solfege

Anyone that has ever talked to me or taught me to play leads or solo has told me to "sing what you're playing."   I never knew it had a name, though.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Solfege is an awesome technique for any musician to have. I'm still working on it myself.
On day I hope to be able to sing anything in my head and be able to translate it to the guitar without much trouble.
That would be ideal. smile

yea, I learned it in a theory class I'm taking before school (me being the only student in the class its more of a private lesson smile Its really helping with all of my music. The Circle of fifths, chord construction, sight reading and playing by ear are some of the things that we've been learning. Its really great and its worth waking up early for.

no audience required.

Solfege is an ancient technique, but most beginning students love tjhis technique for its simplicity. I I learned this when I was in college

solfège is simply singing the names of the notes, omitting any modifiers such as 'sharp' or 'flat' in order to preserve the rhythm.

Solfege is a pedagogical solmization technique, in which each note is sung to a special syllable,
solmization derives from medieval latin " solmisasio "

Hows that for some usefull complicated information.

Guys, I'm not following you.

Is this the thing that George Benson sometimes does during his solos?

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.