Topic: Knocking on heavens door

Having taken on the advice that you all gave me the last time I recorded a song, I have tried again, this time putting more into the enginering side of the the song, I had some great help from TonyW, and I learned a lot in the process.
The song is called Knocking on heavens door.
Let me know, am I on the right track.
Thanks TonyBlue

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =498977818

man is the dream of the doliphin

Re: Knocking on heavens door

Tony, what kind of guitar did you play when making your recording? Also, I'd be interested in your recording setup; mic, amp, etc.

Thanks for recording that. I enjoyed it.

Hi 4gits
It was done on a very basic set up,  The guitar is a Strat, and the recording was done as follows.
Roland Boss Micro BR, you can pick them up for around £100.
it has a progaramable durm unit, which was the hardest part to do,
after that was down, I recorded two guitar tracks into the boss, one set to bass and the other set to treb, I used a patch from the Boss called "Phase Clean".
I then recorded two more tracks one a bass track, and the other a highlighting lead track.
And lastly I recorded the vocals useing the on board mic in the Boss.
In total it took me two days (about six hours).
So the answer would be the Boss Micro BR for everything.
Glad you enjoyed it, I am only learning how to record, and I'm finding it harder than playing the guitar.
TonyBlue

Hi Tony,
You got a good quality recording with your setup.
I could hear everything and the balance sounded right to my ear. If that was my rig I would be happy with it.
I am getting into home recording like you but I have to buy a bunch more stuff before we can get started.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hi toots,
Thank you for your words.
Have you looked at the Boss Micro ?. the vocals where recorded with the on-board mic, and you can get lots of FX, so you can record any sound that you want, including a tuba.
When I play live I also have a bunch of stuff, mixers, amps, mics and FX, but with the Boss, it is just me and the guitar, I have eveything I need in one small box, it fits into a PS2 case, I look at the boss as a stand alone studio, yes it takes some working out, but I will share my limited skills with anyone who is intrested, and the cost of the unit was a big selling point to me.
Good luck with your recording.
TonyBlue