1 (edited by cameronkl7 2010-02-20 15:23:56)

Topic: Song Premiere

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may remember that a while back I had posted about a movie that my Wife's Uncle in law had made, a movie about the early days of racing and hauling moonshine out of the hills of North Carolina. Well they now have a video on Youtube that you can watch and listen to.They have  an up and coming country music singer by the name of Matt Dillion who is doing the song. We've been invited to Winston Salem NC to a place called June and Johnny's to see him play it live and meet him. I hope we get to go, though with my Mother-in Law's health it might be tough, but were hoping we can make it. I'll let everyone know how it went if we get to go.

The Guy sitting at the barrel drinking moonshine "the one without the hat" is my wife's Uncle in Law Gary Lewallen. The movie is based on his Dad's life as a race car driver who ran moonshine and him meeting the woman "Carrie" that he marry's and the struggle between racing and his family the movie has not been distrubited yet but soon it should be.

Anyway here's a link to the video on Youtube, let me know what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R5p1V34pQ

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Song Premiere

Matt Dylan's got a great voice for country music - deep, resonant, and with a cutting edge.
Pretty good chicken pickin' on the Telecaster too.
I met my wife when I was stationed in Carolina. I always liked the way she drove a car - a real leadfoot.
Her dad drank moonshine untill it killed him.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Wowser, Thats a good song, well sung. id like to see this film.

Id also like to see this film with Jeff Bridges,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0349E7kFEM

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank you for sharing that with us Cam.  His video is very well done... I hope the film is of the same quality... I'm interested in seeing it after watching this!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thank you MeKidsMom,

I've seen the film and I was really impressed at how good it was. Hopefully it will be out soon, I'll keep everyone posted.

Cam

Matt Dylan will play tonight in Winston Salem at Johnny and Junes, at nine oclock Hey Topdown if you get a chance come by, he's releasing a new CD, here's a link to the place

http://www.johnnynjunes.com/

This was suppose to have been done back in Janurary but was postponed until tonight, the song "Carolina Moonshine" will be in the film "Red Dirt Rising"

Cam

Cam, that was brilliant, very good voice but the pickin was out of this world.

cameronkl7 wrote:

Matt Dylan will play tonight in Winston Salem at Johnny and Junes, at nine oclock Hey Topdown if you get a chance come by, he's releasing a new CD, here's a link to the place

http://www.johnnynjunes.com/

This was suppose to have been done back in Janurary but was postponed until tonight, the song "Carolina Moonshine" will be in the film "Red Dirt Rising"

Cam

Cam - I wish I had seen this earlier, even if I couldn't make it, I would have invited you to my place for a little strummin and pickin. Honestly, now that I am working again and on the road all week, when I get home on Friday, all I want to do is stay home. Hope you have a great time!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Well, we just got back from going to Winston Salem to see Matt Dylan at Johnny and June's, everything went great, some people from the movie were there, and he played about a 2 hour set, they showed a few clips from the movie, and everyone seemed to have a great time. Wish you could have made it Topdown but I understand, I should have posted it earlier.  The placed was packed, I'll give more details soon, I;m tired now and off to bed.

Cam