Topic: Vintage V100 or Tokai ALS48?

Looking into getting a LP copy, which one of these is preferable. Limited budget..

Cheers

Re: Vintage V100 or Tokai ALS48?

Based on history, track record and painful attention to detail, I would pick the Tokai. It is probably the equal of a Gibby that costs 3X.

Joe
Roadie & Reviewer
GoodGearGuy.com

Thanks for the reply, the low end Tokai are now made in china, so the qualilty and wood seems to be not as good as the Vintage(Mahogany)......

I have not been able to play a Vintage personally, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.
This may be a no-lose decision.

Joe
Roadie & Reviewer
GoodGearGuy.com

just try hard

Hiya, got myself a Vintage V100 Peter Green, I have to say it's blinking lovely and plays like a dream.
The build quality is very good, it looks the part and the sound is just...  I'll stop now.
You get a lot of bang for your buck with the V100, although I'd stay away from the black or white ones as they will never be as good as a gibby.
Even had one chap say it was far better than his Epiphone...

I have a Vintage V100 , im still a relative beginner and usually use my acoustic but some of my more experienced guitar playing friends reckon that its an excellent guitar . (i researched for a long time before buying it and it is very highly rated )
         Im now hunting for a upgrade to my old Encore acoustic and a lot of research again is pushing me towards a Vintage V300 . They get a lot of praise on the net for not only value but more importantly the build quality and sound .

I got lucky with my acoustic, a chap I knew wanted to offload his old guitar which a happily bought, after looking around I found it was a Seagull V6 worth a lot more than a paid for it. The sound on it is very good and it is a very versatile guitar, the only down side is that the action is a little too high for me.
Thinking of getting a vintage semi....

Wakey638 wrote:

I got lucky with my acoustic, a chap I knew wanted to offload his old guitar which a happily bought, after looking around I found it was a Seagull V6 worth a lot more than a paid for it. The sound on it is very good and it is a very versatile guitar, the only down side is that the action is a little too high for me.
Thinking of getting a vintage semi....

I,ve got the VSA575 semi and can recommend them .

Ta muchly, I had seen that one about, like to get to a dealer and have a play with one.

Final took the step and bagged the V100, super depth and tone all round top notch instrument... Would recommend for the dollar...