Topic: Hi from Jerry ,

Just want to check in and see how everyone is , L O L ...
    Have'nt had time to be on here much ... Just able to get on once in a while and look at the topics and wish that I had time to respond to a lot of them ... I did see a video from Southpaw and from Wlbaye and really enjoyed watching them , and one of these days I'm going to get the equipment I need to do that and then you'll all be sorry that you have to put up with seeing and hearing me , L O L ...
   Really miss being on here more and talking with friends , but still hoping to maybe meet a few of you next summer when we take our motorhome trip ...
    Meanwhile , don't forget to have a beer ( or whatever your proclivities are )for me and know that we're thinking of you all .........
                                                                                   Jerr

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Re: Hi from Jerry ,

Forgot to mention that every once in a while my pretty little wife says , " so what's going on with Badeye , Tops , Cam , Zurf , MKM , Southpaw , and Old Doll ( these are just names that she remembers because I tell her what's going on ) , and the rest of our friends "... Then I say , " I don't know , but I'll try to find out tonight when I can get on the PC , and then I'll bring you up to date , L O L ...
   Just want you to know that you are ALL in our thoughts .................
                                                                                        Jerr

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

hi GSE , i'm still hanging around. guitar playing improved with lots of practice and now starting to grasp barre chords, we still jam in our big kitchen once a month which is a real blast and learning time. purchased a new washburn acoustic that has great fretboard action and really opened up barre chords for me, other than that doing well and waiting for spring to arrive.

hope your doing well and take care.    badeye    cool

one caper after another

Hey Jerr!  I feel darn honored to be in the list with the rest of the guys, and our Doll of course!  Good to hear you get on now and then and check in on us, even if you don't have the time to post.  Sometimes it's just nice to read and see what's up!  My family is doing well... and I'm approaching my 6 month mark of guitar playing.  It's a GREAT feeling to be able to pick up the guitar and a song I know, but haven't ever played, and be able to fumble through it alright.  My "boys" don't have the same drive for it as I do... so their electrics have been a bit neglected, but they too are coming along slowly.  Good to see ya around!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Howdy Jerry,

Great to hear from you. I have been wondering about you. If you get time please post some gig stories. Our friend Southpaw doesn't post much anymore and his stories are missed by everyone. I have been playing with a young fella 25 yrs old that is a electric guitar monster player. He gives guitar lessons also and has over 100 kids on his waiting list. He recently played a open mic gig with me and I played all folk songs and he loved it. He is very good on acoustic guitar also. We are gonna put together a nice set list and play a gig somewhere. We will probably play the local coffee shop.

They serve beer, wine and whiskey so sometimes the crowd is really good. It sure is nice to have a good lead player that makes it sound like I am doing some of the good stuff smile

Later, Wayne P

Hi GSE,

I'm still hanging around as well, taking lessons now and bought me a new Martin acoustic, say hello to your pretty Wife for us all and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Great to hear from you Jerry. Glad to hear all is well up the "Minn". Super busy down here in FLA. Tons of gigs on the schedule, warmer weather on the way, and my wife and I are a few weeks away from welcoming our 2nd son ( final child !!!) to our home !!!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:

and my wife and I are a few weeks away from welcoming our 2nd son ( final child !!!) to our home !!!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Congrats on that news, Tony. Really glad everthing is going so well. Best wishes from snowy Scotland.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hi Jerry - I'll toss one back for you during the Hockey Game - GO USA!

And Toney!!! Congrats buddy. You think you were busy before, wow. Good to hear about your gigging successes.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi All ,
    Thanks for the updates ... Good to hear everyone is doing well ...
   Tops , hope you tossed down more than one , L O L ...
   Southpaw , hope everything goes well for the stork ...
   Cam , you lucky bugger ... Wish I could get me a Martin ... Just have to make do with my Guilds and pretend ...
   Badeye , those Washburns are SWEET guitars ... I can picture you folks having a great time around that kitchen table ...
   MKM , I actually remember my six month point , ( about forty six years ago ) , L O L ... Is'nt it fun when you can pick up your guitar and just play a song for someone without having to work real hard , L O L ???? That's what this is about .......
   Wayne , I saw a video of you and your lead player and thought it was fantastic ... He's very good , but don't ever discount your own skills ... The best lead player in the world don't sound like much of anything without guys like you and me to lay down a good foundation ... I know that you know what I'm talking about , L O L ..............
                                                        Jerry

Failte Jerry,

Delighted to say " Im good also. Ive been busy working and entertaining visitors from abroad. Ive also been back for a short trip to The mountains of Mourne.  I am  typing up a year long diary my deceased brother left us last year.. Its amazing, sad, funny, and a wonderful insight into the mind of a brother i loved dearly.

Oh ! My kids just gave me a trip to New York for Thanksgiving next.
Whoohoo ! Start spreading the news lol. The Bryant Park Hotel..
is where im booked to stay. So the village will be my first stop off.
It was a combination present for mothers day and  my birthday.

Im blessed. Wishing blessings on you and yours also Jerry.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Toney, congratulations for you new son, A friend of mine named his last child "Caboose".
Old Doll, your children must love you a bunch to give you such a wonderful present. Come see us when you arrive. It's only 3,000 miles round trip.
I'll put you guys up at my houseboat on peaceful Fly Creek. Hanging on the wall is an Applause by Ovation guitar you can play and I will supply a big bag of dog food if you want to feed the ducks and rum for all your good vices.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Toney, Congrats on the new baby!  I do hope you update us with little pictures when you have time! 

Old Doll, that is an amazing gift your children have given you!  How fantastic!  I wish I had a houseboat to put you up at like Tuba!  As I'm only a five hour drive by car from NYC!  smile  Remember, not all Americans (or New Yorkers) are as cranky as those that live in NY City... that Hotel looks Amazing!  I am sure you will have a fantastic time in the heart of the Big Apple.  If I haven't been lucky enough to move to a slightly warmer climate before you come to the States, I may have to plan a little trip to visit you while you are here!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.