Re: Picks Around the World

OK - A little more than 5 months and 33,845 miles, it seems the package has truly made it 'round the world! Here's a snapshot of the updated map (don't know how I fudged it up)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4288344258_9907166763.jpg

And here's a link to the actual map on google.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&am … =k&z=2

Doll - I plopped your placemark in Dublin as I am not sure of your actual town. If there is a better location and any info you would like added, just let me know.

Thanks to everyone for participating in this so far. Let's keep it going!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Failte Topdown,

Conas Atá Tú ?, [ How are you ?]

Your doing a splendid job with this thread. You know i really enjoyed going through the picks
last evening. Its fantastic to think this little package has traveled so many miles. I shall be sending it
on this week. I already have the next recipient, im happy to relate. I will post  here on chordie, as soon as it leaves my hands
With An Post..

A personal Thank You" Topdown to you and Your picks around the world idea.

Old Doll.

Ps. The Dublin Marker is fine for the map.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Ok! The picks have been posted to the next Tíg [ House ]

I had great fun trying some playing and picking some to keep. I particularly liked a small pink riviera pick.
I also took a heavy  brown fender pick , i liked its shape. I did add some myself and some other wee bits.
So once again My Thanks"
Im enclosing a photo of contents  i took just before posting this morning.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lena.odonov … directlink

Old Doll.

Thanks for the picture Doll!  It's already changed quite a bit since I had it just a few people ago (and quite a few miles!).  Topdown, thank you again for this fantastic project!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Aaaaahhhhhh.  Mine is the next Tig.  Thanks for the picture, because I've already got some ideas of what to add and what to take.  I missed by "this much" when Roger had it and made it in time for Old Doll.  Roger was kind enough to send me some picks anyway, and with the demolition of my office I have been neglectful of purchasing new stationary to send him a thank you note.  (My Gram would have had something to say the backside of my head with the palm of her hand for that miscarriage of duty)  Nevertheless, I do believe that I shall get a special gift off to Old Doll when I get her address from the box, and perhaps also Roger to make up for the interest on the lateness of my thank you note. 

The excitement is building! 

I will not entertain next offers until posting that I have received the package. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I got a box from Eye-er-land!
I got a box from Eye-er-land!

(Sorry for the mis-spelling, but to make it fit the schoolyard chant meter that was in my head, I had to spell it phonetically)

I am not feeling well tonight, so have taken some cold medicine and gone to bed early (I am typing this on my laptop, literally with the computer on my laptop in bed).  I will open it tomorrow and have a lovely time sorting through all manner of goodies and whatnot. 

Who's next?  First e-mail gets it. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I just sent Zurf an e-mail. We'll see if I was the first. I would be the first left coaster to have it. Crossing my fingers.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the first.  Though I think we're supposed to be keeping the next person in line a secret, so shhhhhhhh.  wink

- Zurf

I'm an idiot, sorry.
we'll keep it on the dl.

But, woo hoo, I'm next!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Zurf - Do you have a gmail account so you can update the map yourself? If not, post or email your town info and I'll take care of it.

I do not have a gmail account.  I will send you a message on Facebook.

- Zurf

162 (edited by Zurf 2010-02-01 23:56:16)

I finally got around to opening the package from Old Doll, and while I cannot attest to her age I can attest to her being a doll.  There was a little extra something in there for me and I guarantee that I will enjoy it: a nifty little song-book of Irish Ballads that can be played with six chords.  There's a picture on the front of a guy playing a banjotar, which is something I've been considering (along with about a million other things). 

I've added a couple items, removed a couple items - hopefully trading up to improve the overall.  There was a kazoo in there that my youngest daughter immediately scooped up and began to play, so she's excited too! 

The box will be off to the overeager mystery recipient next.  ;-)

- Zurf

p.s.  My youngest daughter says "Thanks for the red kazoo."  She has been playing it non-stop (except for dinner) since we opened the package.

I'm sorry for being the delay on keeping this moving.  The weather has caused me serious delays in getting to the post office, and they've been closed anyway even if I could have gotten in.  We're all going a little stir crazy here.  The only places I've been in the past week or so have been the grocery store and a funeral home. 

I will not be the end of this very cool progress, but I may be a bit of a delay because it's not looking like we'll be getting anywhere tomorrow either.  The drifts are just nuts.  I've never seen anything like it. 

- Zurf

Failte Zurf,

If the weathers cold and you have onions make this soup. Great in winter weather[ actually great at any time ] also good medicinal properties.

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/610502

Be well and warm.
ps Im glad your wee girl is enjoying the kazoo.

Old Doll.

At long last the "Picks Around the World" begins its next 3,000 mile leg (that's 2,000,057 km I think) off to "Z" next zuper zecret location. 

- Zurf

Hi All!!!!

The picks are in motion again. I just received the package today. Some very interesting stuff in there. Especially the picks with teeth marks in them, not. My son is enjoying the giant pick (4" long) and a finger pick. I took a few and added a few. Very cool that some of these items have seen so many miles around the world.

First to e-mail me gets it next.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody huh?

Cmon people lets keep this thing going. It's only been to 15 people since Aug-2009.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Picks are on the move again. Mailed out the package yesterday to the next lucky recipient.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Just recieved the picks, Thank You Zguitar. they've come full circle as I had em once before. Next one to e-mail me gets em.

badeye   too cool

one caper after another

I'm glad your kid liked that ginormous pick.  I dropped that in there.  It's a promo item from my neighborhood music shop.  I put in a couple felt picks for the ukelele players too. 

- Zurf

got an e-mail, picks in mail again and on their way to next destanation.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

172 (edited by topdown 2010-03-21 00:28:18)

Sorry I have been slack in keeping up with the map. Working a new job out of town is keeping me busy. Glad to see the package continuing to move. Latest update is 42,267 miles. Updated map link below:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&am … =h&z=7

If anybody wants to assist with keeping up the map (Amy, hint, hint wink ), let me know. All you need is a gmail address and I can add you as a collaborator.

ETA - Badeye - I'm curious, is the next person in-line a new recipient or another repeat?

Looks like we need Asia and Africa. 

- Zurf

Whoops!  I actually have neglected this thread quite a bit... I promise to keep my eyes open and jump in on the map help!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Gee, isn't it about time the picks got somewhere already?

Maybe next week sometime, eh?

Peace,
dw

Yeah, I said my dog doesn't bite, but that's not my dog.