Topic: you tube and my space

What is the opinion here, concerning those websites.
I know there are groups, getting a contract thanks to those sites. WITH ALL THE NEW possibilities, it should be a dream to see yourself on these sites.
You can even show a "record" you made, using extra things, like boxes containing a lot.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: you tube and my space

think ther class but only when the talent comin outta them is actually talent.,...ya know the way like....randomers that can sing gettin signed...most of em dont even write etc...but i spose its a way to get recognised which cant be bad...wouldnt mind gettin recognised myself ya know...?! bt ya ther cool i spose !*

I think it's great. When I started playing it was next to imppossible to get discovered. Record lables manufactured their acts. Now not only is it cheaper to get a decent recording, but there is a place to have your work available to the intire civilized world..

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

I do agree, I think the "puppet on a string era" is ending, and the real players and not the sharks are taking over what should been done already years ago. See Creedence Clearwater Revival and JOHN FOGERTY with Fantasy, probably so overwhelmed that they would put there signature on a piece of toiletpaper. After years of court, discussions and trials, the STRANGE thing is that he signed again for Fantasy, but I am sure that he is getting now what he deserved all those stolen years, a big fat contract, especially being their best selling act and moneymaker.
My opinion: there will be hard times for those companies. And like I read, you can't make a racehorse from a donkey, talented and gifted artists, and I don't mention their playing skills, will ALWAYS come up, just because they are a league to high, even not knowing it.
You have to see all the opportunities: give the people what they want, and I am not speaking really of "GIVING". Show the "surfers" what you have in you, play your song who is let's say 4 minutes long, for 2 minutes, a kind of teaser, show them as much as possible, there are always professionals to help if necessary, and just enough to give the people a sweet taste of your music, and than the people who like what you play, well they pay a small amount to download your songs, without all the in-betweens, running away with your work and money. BUT DO NOT FORGET, THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD DEVICES, EVEN VERY LOW PRICED, SPEND A BIT MORE MONEY TO BUY A DECENT RECORDING DEVICE, PLUG IN THE INSTRUMENTS AND START PLAYING SOMEWHERE, LIKE IN YOUR HOME, ADD A GOOD VISUAL RECORDING, DON'T BE AFRAID, PLAY THE SAME SONG 100 TIMES, YOU ARE NO LONGER IN A STUDIO. And to be more perfect concerning producing, arrangements, there are people who can help you a lot. I even think that there is a great future if you start following college to become a soundengineer.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

this seems like as good a place as any to mention:

www.myspace.com/marksmoosic

hehehe

I think Myspace is a great place for people to show what they can do, especially as you can only post original music on there. I don't think they even let you do covers, unlike youtube. No doubt it's a bit saturated now though, but either way at least it gets your tunes out there.

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth