Topic: age

I am very interested in the AGE of most chordians. There are very wise people, really very experienced.
I am from 1955.
I don't know what or if you want to write your year of birth, but just the fact that people from all different ages, even generations, are on this site, helping each other, with advise, opinion, I was like I told very interessed to see a kind of "AGE" graphic.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: age

No Problem  Docphil.. You were still a Twinkling Little Star in Gods Pocket when I was born 5 years earlier.
Delighted to share the planet with you.........May this planet be a better place,  for our contribution to it!!.
Slan.
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank you for answering, just because I think that if you should edit the age on a graphic page, it is very possible that the main age is between 40 - 50 years

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Well, I just took up guitar 6 months ago and I will be 67 this year.  Possibly the oldest and newest "player"  member.  I really like the site. I can find songs that I can somewhat play for my own enjoyment.  Never to old to start something new!

It would be fantastic to know how old the Chordie users are. My impression is that the site has a very wide age range, though it is probably a bit more 'grown up' than the other guitar chord sites. I did get a mail from a mother that were worried because her 12 year old kid was spending too much time on my site, and I got a mail from a guy well above 80 who told me that he and his wife spent every evening surfing Chordie and playing songs.

6 (edited by rogerguppy 2007-05-06 21:30:35)

There was another post about age which I have been keeping a careful eye on simply because I was beginging to think that I was the eldest Chordie.

I was 60 on the third of May but now I have found that the charming Lena O'Donovan shares my birth year and that RD was seven when I was born.

I am no longer the grandad of Chordie, that title goes to RD until someone else claims it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Rogerguppy,

No problem with anyone knowing my age,  But Adding years on to me ?  Your so bold  !!  Hello I'M  56...... 57 in September. I was born in 1950... But Thank you  for the charming piece !
Ps .  Belated Happy Birthday earth sign..

Slan
Old Doll

I've only just found this site half an hour ago (I'm almost 46 by the way, since it seems to be an issue). It's fantastic. It could have been created for me personnaly. I'm not what you'd call a musician,more of a party strummer. This place is full of easy to play stuff so my playlist is going to expand dramatically. Thanks to CHORDIE and friends next new years party up at my mate Paddy's house is gonna be gallus man!

For a' that, an' a' that,
  It's comin yet for a' that,
That Man to Man, the world o'er,
  Shall brothers be for a' that.      Robert Burns.

I'm a 55 year old hippy born in 1951. I'm so happy to have found this site you have no idea.

Yes, what a wonderful, comprehensive site this is!

oct.20/ 1959 puts me at 47. Chordie is a great site to learn.
helped me out a lot. Thank You.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

34 years old as of next month.

Just like too add to the appreciative comments about Chordie.  A wonderfull site and terrific members always willing to help you out when they can.

Hanx.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

I thought I posted in here yesterday but loks like it was one of those rare occasions I am wrong.

I am 37 years young, and I really mean young. everyone tells me I am a big wean.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Lena O'Donovan,

Can I grovel at your feet and apologise? Shall I wear a horsehair shirt for a month? Shall I walk on burning coals? How about if I am flogged or keel hauled? What can I do to make amends?

I can only blame it on my continued celebrations with the Single Malt bottle that addled my brain and caused me to miscalculate.

Sorry, sorry, sorry,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Does anyone know a site that provides the music, i.e. musical score for songs, particuarly for piano; and the lyrics are theri so much the better.

Thanks to every created Cordie.  We are all grateful.  Bless you.

Hi Rogerguppy,

Your post reply is very funny ..... Now Up OFF Your Knees YOUNG SIR,  GO TO CHORDIE POST,

AS YOU CANNOT SEND FLOWERS,  SEND ME BUNCHES OF Bms and Fms THAT HAVE BEAUTIFUL MUSICAL CLARITY ?

I PRACTISE THESE SO MUCH, AND THEY STILL SOUND AWFUL TO ME!!.  THERE HAS TO BE SOME SORT OF CHORD

PRACTISE TO GET IT FREE FLOWING???????,   AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE ?. APART FROM DEXTERITY!.

PS. STAY ON THE SINGLE MALT, AS IT THINS THE BLOOD AND IS GOOD FOR THE VOCALS.

ALL IS FORGIVEN.   NOW GET ON WITH YOUR SONGWRITING/MUSIC.

SLAN

OLD DOLL.

Will Be 38 on May 17, Some days the kids make me feel 118.
Yet other days they make me feel 18 again.
But my Guitar always brings me memories of the different stages of my life. In some ways it can be a time machine and a magic wand.

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Hey Mike thats a great way to think about guitar. Some songs take you way back and it can be magicial.I remember some old miner songs that my dad would listen to all the time. I found a book that has em all and just love it. May play a few tonite at kitchem jam. I'll have a Moosehead for you. LOL.

Take care....Badeye.

one caper after another

I'm 47 in this year.

hello, i'm 16 in september smile

Completed 46 years of experience this year, 33 of it playing guitar both acoustic & electric (no preference which ever one I pick up first). Most of the time I have to pull out my drivers license to find out how old I am.  And to the unoffical king of Scotland I remember one other time you were wrong, check your reply on the girl guitarist post smile

Bootlegger.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

I'm 50 and 7/12ths.  Would like to think that I'm wiser than I once was - and hoping to get even wiser!

Regarding age of chordie users - keep in mind that persons active in the forum are not necessarily an indicator of all users of the site.  However, it interesting to note that the '100 Most Popular' list on the front page is full of songs that I have on vinyl.  That indicates to me that there are alot of other site users 'of a certain age' (or, lots of younger users who have an appreciation for 'oldies'.)  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

WISER or BUDWEISER.
If you look at the age of the members, I expected more younger "kids" but on the other hand the age 40-50 was the age I was thinking of.
You can easy "spot" experienced people, and for everybody, 14y - 77y (if you don't have arthrosis in your fingers) we can teach eachother.
The topic itself looks a bit funny, who doesn't like fun, I didn't expect so many answers, but the topic is important, for almost everyone, concerning gitar, acoustic & electric.
Is it possible to add next to guitars, a piano or syntheziser, also about effect processing, homerecording, because here the older chordian can learn from the youngsters