1 (edited by t.c.lametoad 2010-03-26 00:02:19)

Topic: Tabs...

Hi,

So I can play along to most chord / lyric pages. I practice hard. I practice diligently. I have small hands and short fingers. I play rythm guitar not soaring leads. (It's great going to "Guitar Center," when I'm the only guy playing toones while everyone else is playing 10 seond lead guitar riffs perfectly lke the real thing. It takes me 10 minutes to warm up to the different guitars cause their so sweet. Then I'm bangin' on it. 

I wish I could finess' both lead' and rythm. So please explain the tab diagrams and how to excecute them and come stay in Sierra madre for a weekin the summer and go Surfing with us at huntingtonbeach and San O'nofre and Mlibu ha, ha, ha.. 

Forgice my ignorance. I went straight for the chord changes. 
I just kept trying more sophisticated toones. Help, i'll be your best freind. In sunny Sierra Madre by pasadena Ca.

tclametoad digs
hill billy/ irish rebel /Rod the Mod and the faces oldies/ Otis Redding ? Preachin' the Blues on Sat. and Sunday on 88.1.the jazz Station in L.A. / country blues / stones / punk rock / 60's pop /

neil (the good stuff) gram parsons influeneced L.A. country / Jackson /  Real old fashioned country and  western (from listening to my dads radio in the 50's and 60's.) and  Sinatra....etc. Whatever I can groove on from the chordie.com I learned SEe the pyramids along the Nile it's swings nice and slow...at 1:00 a.m. when the Santa ana' breezes blow out  of our canyo Take it easy and thanks if you help...T.C. Canterbury

2 (edited by alvee33 2010-03-26 08:30:23)

Re: Tabs...

Ignorance is the wrong word. You are now exploring more complex patterns of play and tab is one way showing how to play these.

Pretty much the stock reply is to check out www.justinguitar.com . There is a great section on understanding tab.

Have fun.

**Added**

On second thoughts it's probably easier just to direct you straight to the tab section...

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/TB-011-ReadTAB.php

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

3 (edited by t.c.lametoad 2010-03-26 15:28:28)

Greetings Aleeve,

Thanks so much for your attention to my query. I've worked  in a rare book library in San Marino Ca. for 22 years.  KNOWING how to find the information is the  most important information I've ever learned. (Regardless of what that information might be.)

This site is the best. T. C. Lametoad

Greetings Aleeve33,

That was a "Brief and Informative presentation," as we say in the city council chambers...perfect. A little concentration and practice and I'm on my way...Thanks again to chordie.com t.c.lametoad  (in the late 60's in downey ca. a lametoad was some one who was a "square." A non-hip individual, a anti-herbster. I guess. This was 1969 ish I'm clean and sober 25 years children...

Hi,T.C.L,
There seems to be a separation between guitar players who naturally gravitate to strum chords and think in harmonies as opposed to hot lick artists who think and approach guitar with single note patterns and hot lead riffs.
There is nothing wrong with either approach. The two types need each other and supplement each other's style beautifully.
I am a strummer and have learned to play just enough fill to compliment singing.
I much admire a good lead player with skinny fingers and God- given hand speed to burn up a lead solo.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Welcome to Chordie lametoad. 

My wife purchased a subscription to Acoustic Guitar for me for Christmas and I have found it to be a great resource.  I'm having to save the copies because much of the information is over my head - but I can see the day when it won't be.  There's information in each edition for someone like myself, and there's stuff in there that even Jerome the theory king and Russell the mutant would learn from.  One nice thing with a subscription is that you get access to all of their on-line lessons, which I have not yet taken advantage of, but a quick review demonstrates that they ought to be challanging in a good way. 

Sorry for the terrible grammar in this post.  I'm rushing on a short break. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thank you for the time and info. t.c.lametoad