Topic: Want to go Electrical LOL

Hi all I've been an acoustic player for a long time, but I want to go electric, wife is frowning right now. What gear do i need o get the biggest bang for the $? Good inexpensive guitar, pedels, and not filling the house with noise etc.

Re: Want to go Electrical LOL

Hey Butch8844, Saw that none have responded so far and figuered that your question covers
       such a wide spectrum that it would be hard to answer. Most players probably would not
       want to recommend this and that and have you end up not happy with what they
       recomended. I will say your best bet is the "hands on" method to find what you want. Go
       to stores and let them know you are looking for the lower-end gear and play, listen and
       see if any fit into your budget. There are always the used gear to try out also. Remember
       you can always upgrade later.        Mike      p.s.  just an ol pharts opinion

Our intuitions serve us well

Hey Butch, I bought my husband and son both some electrics for Christmas... it was all NEW to all of us!  I came here asking questions too... the first question I had to answer was solid body or semi.... check out Rondomusic.com and you'll have to learn how to set them up too... as for not filling the house with noise... HEADPHONES are a MUST to keep the wife happy!  smile  I'm sure the other's will show up here soon with some help/answers for you!  In the mean time... check around the forums there's lots of advice in this section to help you out!  GOOD LUCK!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Butch I use a Standard S101 its a Fender Stratocaster copy made in China I got it for around $180.00 new(no case)and a small 40 watt amp with overdrive for practice and small gigs its plenty loud it only has one input with two channels made by Epiphone it has a 10 inch speaker and headphone input for around $45.00 used if you go to a music store there are lots of good used amps you can haggle with the dealer over plus a few effects boxes with reverb or delay and distortion but the amp already has distortion so I would look for a inexpensive stomp box with delay or reverb or both,my effects units are a Boss ME-50 Hendrix Crybaby waw waw and a Boss RC-20XL loop station dont get no better (at least for me) but you should go to a music store and try out a few guitars and amps and see if you can get a bargain good luck with it and CRANK IT UP!! lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I've been going to the local guitar store every couple of weeks and playing a Godin A6 Ultra.  I haven't talked myself out of it yet. 
***buy now link included and deleted by Moderator****

icecubetray if you can get a photo of this guitar or a website that dose not have a buy now link attatched please post it if you need help with posting the photo useing Chordies image tags you will get it Russell smile

opps sorry,

Thanks guys!!

no problem smile let me know if you need help posting a photo smile

icecubetray3pak wrote:

opps sorry,