Topic: Well. I bought the dang thing!

If ya'll remember I posted awhile back that I had found a Simon and Patrick SP12 A/E guitar in a pawn shop for just under $200.00. Well today I went in there and bought it for $100.00. I know it has a high neck but that can be fixed, a couple of battle scar" blemishes that are not too bad, very little fret wear, I'ma gonna get me some new string, get the truss rod set up to where it needs to be and see what happens. Hopefully I'll end up with a good playing guitar. If not, then I guess  I tried.

Nela

Re: Well. I bought the dang thing!

Yeap I remember your post, hope it turns out to be a gem for you, I bought an old Hondo at a pawn shop for 50 bucks and turned out to be a great guitar, play it daily,   good luck with yours.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Good for you NELA.  I hope it sets up well for you.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Congrats Nela! I think you got a great deal on it!  Hope she works out well after the set-up! Those have a bolt on neck so even if it needs a reset it's simple to do and can be accomplished without fully removing the neck from the body... A member of "The Flock" ( A forum for godin guitars) did his and posted pics of the process with good results. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Sounds like a deal!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Happy NGD NELA!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Great news Nela, I hope you get it worked out and enjoy it for many years to come.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

HAPPY NGD!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good on ya Nela, I'm sure you'll turn it into a great axe. big_smile
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Well now that I done bought the dang thing I'm gonna have to take it back! As I was looking at this guitar I noticed the neck had a slight bow but what I could not detect was a broken truss rod, a broken brace. I was thinkin' a new set of strings, a complete set-up, a little cleaning and I would be into something nice at a resonable cost but thats just not the case. I went to a music store who had a highly recommended guitar mechanic and we went over everything real close. While the guitar can be fixed the cost is just more that I want to put out. Oh, I forget to mention that, try as I did, I could never get the feedback to stop when I had it hooked up to my amp. Anyway, that's why I got a 30 day money back guarantee, in writing, when I bought the dang thing. OK, so now I think I'm just gonna take my 6 string Washburn acoustic and "High-stringing" it.

If somebody wants a guitar that needs a lotta work I'm only asking for my $$$$$ back + any shippin' costs.

Nela

Oh man, Sorry it didn't work out for ya. Sounds like somebody really abused her.... Good thing you've got the option to carry it back at least... With the truss rod being broken that's going to be the best bet IMO   Better luck next time! -Pix 

Oh Yea, I'd love to talk about them cats smile I just haven't had much time lately to get back to my posts... I'll drop ya an email smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Nela,

Sounds like she was a little used and abused. If you keep a look out I'm sure another will turn up. You have a good guitar to play so things could be worse. I am always lookin but seems the pawnshop guitars here are usually very low end guitars and really beat.

Later, Wayne P