Topic: Google Chrome

Just changed from Internet Explorer, to Google Chrome what a difference, i have now got a flying machine. lol.

Re: Google Chrome

glad it works for you it didnt for me smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I've used it since it was released.  Love it.  It's fast, boots quick, and doesn't clutter up my viewing.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Nor me either !

The worst i ever tried. Maybe because i have Vista ?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I also have vista the chrome was ok but my IE is faster for me differen't strokes smile

I think it also depends on where you live, and your providers speed i know my reception slows down on sunday evening, prob everybody on the net. lol

I did have an issue with it when I first installed it a while back... but uninstall... reinstall... and it works much faster than IE and firefox for me.  I still think I should probably uninstall and reinstall firefox... but I really like chrome!  Glad you tried it out and it's working well for you Tony!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know about till now.
I have it installed and it seems faster right now.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I am having a problem with Chrome!
For an example, I was answering Russell's post on scam artists. I typed up an experience I had and went to the BBCode page to change the color of a sentence. When I tried to get back to my post there was no working arrow to bring me back. I couldn't find out how to get back and lost the whole post. Any ideas?

Also the spell check I used to use isn't working. I may just have to down load it again.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Chrome is really simple.  There are three arrows at the top left of the screen.  One points left for back, one points the other way for forward, and one is a circle for reload.

I like Chrome.  It's my browser of choice on my home computer.
It is simple and fast.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I also use CCleaner.com after every time i go on the net, this gets rid of all the cache and cookies etc that slow your computer down. try it its free.

Chrome has an "Incognito" feature that simply doesn't write that stuff out.  You can turn it on and off as you wish.   It prevents any cache or cookie data from being written, and does not record anything in the browsers history or search.

I can't live without adblock plus and firefox. Is a similar add-on offered with Chrome? If not, fuggetttabout it.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Topdown... Chrome doesn't have a bunch of add ons... it "just works".  I imagine it's doing all my ad blocking for me, but I also run avast (free antivirus that has blockers in it) and threatfire (another free heuretics type antivirus).  I don't get junky pop ups.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have to agree with the Avast its really effecient,clearing the cache and deleting cookies can be done on IE in the tools and not all cookies are bad especially the ones that remember your passwords any computer is bound by how many programs you are running and the speed you choose from your provider also how many files you create and store on your hard drive I have two pc's one (XP) is mostly for backup my Gateway is running Vista on my flatscreen tv Time Warner (Roadrunner) has several speeds I am useing the second lowest its fast enough to upload videos that dont buffer smile

Jerome explain how to get into this incogneto feature on chrome, i am using chrome as my browser but using aol as my provider. thanks pal.

Open up a browser window, and hit "CTRL-SHIFT-N" and you'll get a new window with a picture of a little spy dude in the corner.  It's also available from the "Tools" menu on the far right, indicated by the picture of a little wrench.