Topic: Why is it always the wrong chords?

Hey,

I'm just wondering who's writing the chord information for the songs? Cause every song I've looked up has been incorrect. I don't know about the guitar tabs but at least the chords. It's always a different key than the original and wrong order of the chords.

/Josephine

Re: Why is it always the wrong chords?

Josephine hello and welcome the songs cannot be edited at this time because the editing feature has been disabled by the web master due to copyright issues and Chordie is a search engine it dose not host the songs but gets them from other sites if the changes are incorrect there is a way to locate the origin of where the song is this question has been asked many times over the last several months and if you look in this forum you can read the responses to this question in several topics on this subject smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Enjoy what freedoms we have for information while we can .... its about to get worse . The future looks bleak for many sites that offer free information . The clause used in the bill covers everything . Disturbing use of power by British parliament equal to that of china .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 … CMP=AFCYAH

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

As with all chord sites (and chordie searches them all) the chords that are shown are posted by individuals who have taken the time to work them out themselves. So we don't have to! Which is great. This means that there is no way that they are going to be exact reproductions of the original song. What they do is provide a good basis for others to work with, so that they can then build on that and get it the way they want it. If you think a chord is wrong then play the one you think is right. Simple as that.

As for the key, you will see on the right hand side of all the songs on the index that there is a button marked "transpose". This makes it easy to change the key to whatever you like.

Chord and tab sites are great for people like me who have a very limited ability at working songs out. It takes me a long time, but sites like this give me a start and I can get the rest with a little work. All good fun.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??