1 (edited by deadstring 2010-04-09 13:15:34)

Topic: 2 old songs

Look in the folder marked Latest to hear a couple of old songs I like to sing. Al
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6407 … 7f10aaff85

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: 2 old songs

Hiya deadstring,
I tried to listen to the links but I don't think the url is right as it takes me to the Mediafire home page. sad

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

3 (edited by deadstring 2010-04-09 13:12:15)

KAP54 wrote:

Hiya deadstring,
I tried to listen to the links but I don't think the url is right as it takes me to the Mediafire home page. sad

Kenny

SOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry! Technology has left me with 8 traks.
Try this one.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6407 … 7f10aaff85

This fits me to a T except I have never had my own business.
I thought about  the 30 year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a Blackberry  that played music, took videos, pictures and communicated with Facebook and  Twitter.

I signed up  under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13  grandkids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with me in the modern  way. I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140  characters of space.

That was before  one of my grandkids hooked me up for Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon,  Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends every  message to my cell phone and every other  program within the texting  world.

My phone was  beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel  movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I  keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.

The kids bought  me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then  going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my  tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I  drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking  to my wife as everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. Seems I  have to take my hearing aid out to use it and I got a little  loud.

I mean the GPS  looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside was the most  annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she  would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-ul-ating" You would think that she could  be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a  deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then when I  would make a right turn instead, it was not good.

When I get  really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets  and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady,  at least she loves me.

To be perfectly  frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our  house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I  can lose three phones all at once and have run around digging under chair  cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone  rings.

The world is  just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every time I go to the  grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but  this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a  loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused  but I never remember to take them in with me.

Now I toss it  back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or Plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't  matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at me with a  blank look.

I was recently  asked if I tweet. I answered, No, but I do toot a lot."

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Deadstring you have me laughing so hard!  You are fantastic!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

very funny, what are you tooting on ??   lol

badeye  ..   cool

one caper after another

Beans, Beans the musical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot, the more you toot the better you feel so eat beans at every meal!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Beans, Beans the musical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot, the more you toot the better you feel so eat beans at every meal!

Laughter and music are great medicine.
Oh, and it feels good to toot once in a while!

The tid bit was sent to me and I thought I'd share. Glad to bring a smile to your face. AL

Pretty right on perspective of the technology around us today, deadstring.  It's coming so fast, we have to start going backwards pretty soon.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Toooo funny Deadstring! Sitting here just yesterday thinking the exact same thing while trying to
           get the new router configuered. Technology is a whirlwind of info. Thinking to myself...(except
           for the loud outbursts of frustrations,lol), how simple life use to be and how much more laid
           back I was. Technology I thought was suppose to make life less complicated? Seems to me
           in a physical sense maybe but not mentally. Way too much info. Thanks to people like MEK,
           Doug and other Chordians I have a chance at skirting insanity..lol.
           Has anyone ever put the musical fruit words to song? Someone at our wed. jam sang about
           pooh in a jar...... too many cold ones or perhaps technology claimed a "win" with this guy?
           Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Well I am glad the first link didn't work deadstring cause now we not only got to hear you singing and playing (Well Done ,you have a very good voice) but we also got a hilarious and right on retrospective view of todays society.

Turn that into a song and record it...It's a winner. big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I appreciate the complements and I apologize  for my posting of the clip taking the Recording thread off topic. Al