Topic: "Ride On" recording

I did a cover of Christy Moore's song "Ride On'' I recorded it in 3 tracks with Audacity. I recorded the acoustic guitar first and then did the electric guitar and did the Vocals last.
I have played for other folks and accompanied them with guitar but this was my first time of doing vocals without my guitar. It was really weird for me. My guitar is kinda my security blanket.
I just used a condensor mic to record the acoustic guitar and the electric guitar I miked the amp.

So when I did the video I just played along with the recording smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMMqtyFKb_Y

Later, Wayne P

Re: "Ride On" recording

A real nice cover Wayne the recording is mixed well and I know what you mean by security blanket I feel a little lost without my guitar well done smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thank You, Russ

That is a weird feeling without the guitar I felt naked and very vulnerable and I don't have to think about timing when I am playing guitar and singing but just doing vocals is very different.

Later, Wayne P

Great stuff Wlbaye,

I left a comment for you on youtube.

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Well done, Wayne.
I also left a comment on U-Tube.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Hi wayne
I can hear you getting a real good handle on recording using audacity.
Excellent cover.
Well done
ark

Check out Wayne going all Brittney Spears on us with the lip sync. Love it! Recording sounds great.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks Everyone !

Tops I was actually singing part of the time smile but my camera does not have any working audio smile  I did use this guitar for the rhythm and I did record the vocals myself and played the lead guitar I just didn't do them all at once smile , I'm not sure Brittney can do anything other than wiggle around and look good smile

Later, Wayne P

wlbaye wrote:

I did a cover of Christy Moore's song "Ride On'' I recorded it in 3 tracks with Audacity. I recorded the acoustic guitar first and then did the electric guitar and did the Vocals last.
I have played for other folks and accompanied them with guitar but this was my first time of doing vocals without my guitar. It was really weird for me. My guitar is kinda my security blanket.
I just used a condensor mic to record the acoustic guitar and the electric guitar I miked the amp.

So when I did the video I just played along with the recording smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMMqtyFKb_Y

Such a very amazing link!
Thank you for the post.

Wow, Thanks for bumping this up Kelly, it slipped by me.

Hiya Wayne big_smile

You did a nice job on this. Congrats. Is this done with your new vid recorder?
Good Sound.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Kelly,

Thanks Kenny,

No this is one I did with my old camera, and I did the audio in 3 different tracks, vocal and acoustic guitar were done individually with a condensor mic into my mixer and into my computer. The lead guitar I miked my guitar amp and into the mixer. I mixed them with audacity.

I just purchased a new Presonus interface and it seems to record really well. So I am excited about using my condensor mic more for some projects . I am trying to get a handle on figuring out the software for mixing.  I really had to work on my recordings when I was just using my mixer into my PC , lots of noise and I found out the mixer signal is not compatible with my soundcard on my pc. If everything was set just right and you could get the room real quiet you could get alot of the noise out but not studio quality by a long shot.

I feel like a idiot with all this new technology and my poor old hard drive doesn't want to learn and my memory banks are full smile

Later, Wayne P

Very cool how you did this Wayne!  Left you a comment (and a message) on "the tube"  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Fantastic job Wayne...top notch. Great mixing too.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

mekidsmom wrote:

Very cool how you did this Wayne!  Left you a comment (and a message) on "the tube"  smile

Thanks Amy,

Later, Wayne P

geoaguiar wrote:

Fantastic job Wayne...top notch. Great mixing too.

Heya Geo,

Thanks, I just purchased a new small interface and I am heading home for the weekend and hopefully give it a try. My poor old head hurts from trying to figure out the software smile

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P