Re: dead rock people

Looks like bootleger wins. True that the original posting was about rockers around the age of 27, and that seems to be a cursed age for rockers (Dangit) but there has been a lot of deaths related to travel due to the increased exposure (cant think of a better word) that rockers and musicians in generally have for travel.

Have you ever thought of a world with no hypothetical situations??

Every body makes a big deal outa "dead Rock Stars". They are just dead people like everyone else that dies. The fact that they were famous before they died to me is imaterial. They probably would have found away to destroy themselves nomatter what profesion they would have been in. It is part of their natural makeup, we just hear about it more because of their so called "status" There are many great artist who live long lives that were more "famous" than the dead ones, they are just no fun to write about, and don't sell mags or or boost record sales. As a matter of fact some artist death is the best thing to happen to thier carreers. e.g. Jim Croce.In the end "an artist is an artist for life, a freak is a freak till he dies"

STEVE B(JV)

nice nailed that one right on the money. the point of talking about dead rock stars is to talk about what their accomplishments were and how they encouraged/affected/inspirated others into their profession. however, not all dead rock stars have been killed by their own fault. many have died from travel or murder. other than that, good point.

Clapton made it but God had a big part of his survival

(dime died from a gunshot to the head by a deranged fan)

My fovorite band, Queen, rock but the singer died befor i was even born. I like guitar but i never new why i care so much about him dieing. When people in bands die i think its dreadfull, especialy if its your favorite band!

ya. its gonna suck big time when maiden finally dies.

My humble opinion, concerning the 27 club is that, when you start playing in a band, you start let us say at 20, slowly turning into professionals, and if you have the luck to write some "super songs", becoming "super hits", it is over with your privacy. They can tell whatever they want, dreaming the whole time to reach that point, that they don't have a private life and blablabla, and this, on one hand simple average, but talented people, are just to young to realise the impact. I think they should stay themselves, and that's the tricky part. At that age, early 20-ties, they should be followed by shrinks to show them what NOT to do. Once between 30-40 years of age and with a sudden superhit(s), I believe those people stay more stable in life, I also say, be yourself whatever happens and how difficult it can be, it is useful to try living normal. I always remember the "big fat" Elvis, calling in the middle of the night his private pilot to go to Vegas to buy a sandwich with peanutbutter and bananas, such a behaviour is it NORMAL. I had also an occupation where you needed to be loved (not a hooker) and you have tendencies to escape all the stress by taking pills and/or alcohol

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I forgot, a well known arist, also member of the +27 age, dead people. Janis Joplin

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

<font face="Times"><font size="3"><font color="indigo"> Could be that the grim reaper has a thing for recording artist who are 27... I'm betting more will join the 27 club but some do die younger... Randy Rhoads for example, what a waste that was all because the tour bus driver thought he was a topgun and decided what fun it would be to wake Ozzy out of his nap by buzzing the tour bus.... makes me wanna dig up that would be pilot, revive him, and then slap his silly ass to death again... never underestimate the stupidity factor.</font></font></font>

blindacre wrote:

the majority of deaths though wee accidental.

hendrix drowned to death in his own vomit

marc bolan had a car crash

i think it's just coincidence that people like cobain, morrison, joplin, bolan and hendrix all went around the 27 mark. i think it's just down to the style of their lives - the drugs and the pressure

no hendrix OD ed on some type of drugs
cool
danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Dimebag Darrell Abbott was shot and killed onstage by Nathan Gale. Abbott was shot a total of three times, at point blank range in the back of the head. He was 38 years old.
cool
danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

37 (edited by bootleger 2007-05-03 00:40:47)

danspr wrote:
blindacre wrote:

the majority of deaths though wee accidental.

hendrix drowned to death in his own vomit

marc bolan had a car crash

i think it's just coincidence that people like cobain, morrison, joplin, bolan and hendrix all went around the 27 mark. i think it's just down to the style of their lives - the drugs and the pressure

no hendrix OD ed on some type of drugs
cool
danspr

As a result of overdosing Hendrix while in a prone position (lying on his back) vomited and choked to death.  Oding is what caused the vomiting. For a correct medical synopsys please contact gitaardocphil.

Bootlegger.

cool
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

The Big Rockfestival is called ROCK WERCHTER. The guy who organised it, is now CEO, because an American Holding purchased it for a big $$$$$$$ price. It takes place in BELGIUM, go to EUROPE, and yes, that little spot over there is BELGIUM. You can check it out on the internet. BUT FOR ME fun is over since 1996, at first the festival was at 2 places, the same artists performed on the other saturday, and on sunday it took place where I was asked to be "the doc", and really those were the days. It is even so stupid and childish, because there are no more people backstage than needed, the press was somewhere else, and sometimes, they came backstage to do an interview. The organisator has a lot of credits in making a few little bands BIG. U2 became world famous, thanks to the festival and the time he put in U2, concerning other gigs, publicity. You are maybe VERY, SUPER GOOD, but you always need someone to cross the street. Same thing with REM. Look back 40 years ago, Jimi Hendrix was a very good player, and had a little fame in the USA, but it is only when he went to Europe, and there the "hype" started. The point of working at a festival like that is that there is a strict limit, NO PRESS, NO PEOPLE not belonging there. For us, who worked there, it was every year the same, we looked forward to see each other, speaking of no more than 10 people. The artists knew that too, and were at least acting as themselves, just regular guys from around the corner. You always have exceptions, and so it was absolute not unusual they started talking to you, and I assure, it feels strange that you are discussing with Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Mark Knopfler about the things of life. I tried to stand with my 2 feet on the ground, and I know a lot of medical problems and conditions of a lot of them, but you can think or tell whatever you want, soon or later you start "floating", and the energy and talent of these guys are affecting you. I would be a BIG LIAR if I told that I didn't care. And watching these groups playing (I was often in a corner on stage) is very contagious, you start feeling yourself as a star. I swear that standing there, watching 100.000 people with lights, and shouting, singing along is unbelievable. It is really a moment in life that is burned forever in your brain.