Re: Picks Around the World

I sent the picks to Spareparts63 he should have em by now. I will e-mail him to see if he got em.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

First one to email me at jon@sparepartsrocks.com get's 'em!

With any luck, I got my email off in time. Here's to hoping!

Peace,
dw

Yeah, I said my dog doesn't bite, but that's not my dog.

The Picks didn't go too far this time... still in Canada... where to next?  Here's the link to the updated map friends:  Click to View Map

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Whooohoooo!! I spent most of the weekend at the Shakori Hills Music Festival, near Pittsboro, NC! There was some really awesome music everywhere. My favorites were Sol Creech, Holy Ghost Tent Revival, Mandolin Orange, Possum Jenkins, Big Ron Hunter, blah, blah, and about 15 jam sessions. I played at another festival yesterday and had a really great time.

But guess what was in the mail when I got home. Huh? Can you guess? A package all the way from Nova Scotia! The World Famous "PICKS AROUND THE WORLD" package. All kinds of interesting stuff inside. I spent several minutes examining every item. Reading every business card and flyer. There was a wedgie pick that has found a home with me and also some of the "safety-walk" paper.

I've added a few items and am ready to send them on their way to the next lucky player on, "PICKS AROUND THE WORLD!"

Peace, ya'all
dw

Glad to hear that the picks are still making their trek. I put the tread tape in there. Hope it comes in handy for you. I use it on my picks to keep them from slipping out of my hand. I put the thick rubber wedgies in there too. Don't know if that's what you took, but cool!!! Someone else's junk is another mans treasure.

Keep the picks moving!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

182 (edited by badeye 2010-04-26 08:08:09)

Glad to hear the picks arrived. I kept one of those soft rubber wedges and use it often. thanks. I added the Dutch Mason flyer and Neil Young
ticket.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Map is updated... an additional 1100 miles the picks have traveled!  Don't forget, next one interested should email Brainsaladsurgeon!

184 (edited by brainsaladsurgeon 2010-04-27 01:47:09)

Well, I saw the Dutch Mason flyer, but the Neil Young ticket didn't travel very far. It certainly didn't make it here.

Anyway,.....I have a lucky contestant, as soon as I get a mailing address, this neat little package will be on it's way. This was fun!

Peace,
dw

Edit: There are still 3, (actually 4) continents that haven't been reached yet. I'm sure there is a Post Office in Antarctica?

Spareparts must have nabbed the Neil Young ticket, it was from last april when he played the  Metro Center in Halifax, N.S.  The Dutch Mason Blues Fest is always a great time. Would be cool to keep picks travellin the globe.

take care..   badeye   cool

one caper after another

Glad to see this project still on the move and a great big THANKS to Amy for keeping the map updated. I have the total mileage on my home computer - I'll post the new totals when I get home this weekend.

Brainsaladsurgeon - (love the name) - We are almost neighbors. The wife and I love to visit the Banner Elk / Blowing Rock area. If you ever get down to the Winston-Salem area, look us up!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I vacationed in Banner Elk, NC once.  Great place.  Also, back in my college days I helped to found a fraternity chapter at my school.  Our sponsoring chapter was at Appalachian State, so those were some fun visits too. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Okay, NC to LA. Should have been there by now. I'm sure several people are anxiously waiting. I really thought about forwarding this package through the Post Master General at whatever FPO, APO or Post Office was on Antarctica, just to have a little fun. Bag another continent, ya know. Maybe with the consent of the next person in line, that might not be a bad idea, huh?

Peace, you phreaks!
dw

Guess what I got and send me a e-mail. You just might get a BIG surprise.

Nela

Map updated

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gl=us&am … =h&z=2

Total miles to date (9 months since start) 43,997. Earth's circumference is roughly 24,900 miles.

The package has been in the hands of 18 different members to date.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Well, as ya'll can guess I have possession of the picks - for the 2nd time. As of this morning I have recieved an e-mail from the next person to have the picks sent to them. I will try my best to get them out in the mail next week, although I received them at my home I will be mailing them 300 miles away from New Orleans, La. as that is where I am now working.

Nela

Just to update everyone, I will be giving the picks a send-off later this week. I am planning on adding something special for the next LUCKY person and maybe this will continue. As a hint I will say that the package will be going back across a whole lotta water.

Nela

This morning I came into possession of a large post bag with a heap of interesting picks and other stuff in it from NELA. I have had a quick look inside but have not made any decision on what to keep and what to include for the next recipient, but will do so over the weekend.
As usual, the first person to e-mail me will be the next lucky one to receive the package.
All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Glad you finally received the package, Bushy243. Enjoy!

Nela

Too Cool.   the picks carry on. I've had em twice and was really neat to see the change.  Right On.

keep em going..

badeye    Too cool

one caper after another

As yet I have not recieved an e-mail from anyone to send the picks on to. First person to contact me gets them.
Cheers
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

Another 9,000 miles and the map is updated here:  http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&am … 02&z=2

We have a winner. I received an e-mail yesterday so the picks and some other interesting stuff will be posted off in the next day or so, once again on a long voyage.
As seems to be the custom, I have kept a few picks and added some, and other things  I hope some one will like.
Cheers
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"

bushy243, have you tried any of those songs, yet?

nela

Nela, hello again and thanks for the CD and music in the "picks" package. I knew 4 or 5 of the songs already, however I have to thank you for introducing me to the Mavericks and in particular "There goes my heart". I could not stop on this song until I had it nailed. I wish I could sing like him, awesome voice.
All the best and thanks again
Cheers
Bushy

"Quincy Jones"