Topic: What is your electric "dream guitar", even if you don't have it.

My favorite guitars are.

1/ Paul Reed Smith, I have the custom 24, very versatile and playing like butter. Also the EG series, sad enough, only made from 1990 -1992, except 1 model : 1994. There is an EG reissue, made in Korea, I think.

2/ I am a PRS man, but I adore a good Gibson Les Paul.

3/ Fender Telecaster, look at the simplicity of the construction, simple, but SO effective.Same category, the stratocaster.

For other brands like Rickenbacker, Gretsch, and many others, I can't discuss, but I am sure that there are jewels to find in other brands.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: What is your electric "dream guitar", even if you don't have it.

fender has a powerhouse strat that is awesome! i know its generic but its so versatile it can play ANYTHING with the right amp. if i ever get another acoustic I'll probably be something quality, I'm not exactly sure what...

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Anything by David Thomas McNaught or David Myka. Both exceptionally qualified and talanted Luithiers. Check their sites and you decide.

Bootlegger.

4 (edited by Detman101 2007-05-11 15:57:42)

A black Fender stratocaster or a silverburst Gibson Les Paul.
I have looked at other guitar makes and models but none seem to suit my functional needs like those two.
And it seems like the knock-off brands cost just as much, so why not get the real thing...

Dm

Edit: I'll take this knock-off please.

http://images.marketworks.com/hi/56/56410/el100svb_03.jpg

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

my dream guitar is a dimebag darrel fbd tribute ml.........but i dont own it  (dang)

Mine is either a dean flying v, or a gibson melody maker
cool
danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

my dream guitar is a Gibson les paul but im still happy with my Wesley.

jamiey1 wrote:

Which wesley do you have?
I love their smokesilver-burst LP!!!

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Gibson Les Paul or Explorer.  No, I don't own either. sad

I'd have a Fender Stratocater with a floyd rose tremolo (can you get them with one?) in a three tone sunburst.

Also a worn cherry gibson sg would be nice.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

a 1969 silver burst gibson les paul

just got it. an '06 fender american deluxe stratocastor. its a medium tone wood with a turtle shell pick guard. spent way too much money but dont have a wife to tell me not to.

I have to tell the picture is good, but the guitar looks "fabulous", the concept, she's having it all, I never heard of this brand, WESLEY I taught. Playing this guitar must feeling good, it is a real JEWEL, and concerning Gibson Flying V's or Gibson SG both "faded" are not very high in price, I mean compared to other Gibsons, and until now it is still a mystery for me that you pay at least double the price for an SG Gibson, equiped with the same ??? kind of pick-ups.
On the faded guitars, they speak about smoky coils, and in case of the Flying V, they are equiped : neck 496R ceramic magnetic humbucker and bridge 500T ceramic magnetic humbucker.
The same humbuckers: ceramic magnetic humbuckers (neck 496R and bridge 500T) are also on the regular flying V, except for the price at 123music, you pay for the "real"??? flying V let's say $1200 and for the faded Flying V $550. SO MY QUESTION IS, WHO CAN EXPLAIN ME AND A LOT OF OTHERS THE DIFFERENCE!!! because I just see the same guitars. Or.... are the cheaper V's maybe made in a cheaper country, in secret????????
Difference is gigantic for, I repeat what looks in my eyes the SAME guitar.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Didn' defintely expecting so much answers, but I think it is somewhere logical, even with 100$ you can purchase a guitar. EBAY is at this moment a prominent seller.
I live in Europe, purchased some guitars, even a "CHINESE FAKE LES PAUL". And this chinese is not so bad at all. I have even a proposition, because they are maybe good, the feedback is terrible, BUT, there is somebody I know, he likes that guitar so much, used it 4 times on stage, and he wants to buy it. I am even able to ask the price, you purchased it for 1$, but you had to pay 200$ transport. He keeps that guitar for a few weeks, and will have every single $ back.
I have somewhere a topic concerning guitars and divided in 3 main chaptres
- cheap, but good, and a very affordable price.
- in betweens, from 500$
- expensives.
You should check it out on that site and read the topic. It took me a few hours to put my topic accurate.

I have always dreamed of owning a gretch... like the one brian seltzer (stray cats) plays.a fat hollow body with the gold pick-ups and a wammy bar

what a long strange trip it's been

my dream guitar is a epiphone X-plorer gothic series. But it's not a dream for much longer! I'm savin'my pennies and iv'e almost got enough!!!(fingers crossed)!!! big_smile

I have always wanted one of those fat hollowbody Gretch guitars. One like Brian Seltzer. I believe it is the Nashville model.

what a long strange trip it's been

mine would probly be a blood red firebird or a sunburst les paul    oh and that pic up there is awsome     ^

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.

Ahh. What a question lol. I definetly want to save up for an axe and amp a lil better then the Squier Stratocaster set smile. But I really want a Paul Reed Smith, or a Gibson, prolly a Red SG or a Les Paul. Not the cheap knock offs. [like mine tongue] Amp-wise, I'd like one of those experimental amps, like Vox or Line 6 [can't remember which, I remember the Les Paul sounding awesome in one of those.] Or a good ol' vintage Fender DeVille Amp of course [hehe, who doesnt want one] Or also a Marshall, cause I love that distortion. And of course,a whammy pedal smile. And of course some of those Ernie Ball strings. And a more comfortable strap, Leather preferrably. Whoa. That'll take a lot of saving neutral

This will probably sound crazy to most of you but here goes: A Fender Jag style body, Gun Metal Blue or any other color that nobody else has or at least really rare, with only an Atomic Humbucker bridge pickup and just an On/Off switch, no tone or volume just On/Off. Rosewood fretboard (personal preference there) and those cool split pin machine heads (the ones where you stick the string down through the center of the pin not through a hole in the side).  It would need a tremelo or "Whammy" for good effect even though I don't really use mine right I just dive bomb at the end of sets and stuff.  A small to medium sized Class-A to create the full effect.  Between 20 to 40 watts I think is the sweet spot for the size clubs most of us probably play at.  Most of the clubs have been anywhere between 500 to 1,500 square feet! (punk).  I like my Fender Deluxe Reverb but any well built Class-A will do (Orange, Vox, any many many others...).  In my opinion the idea is to be able to set the amp anywhere between 7 and 10.  You want the tubes to scream for thier lives and the lower wattage won't give anybody brain damage!

I would have to choose one of the following three:

Washburn X50PROFE
Gibson SG II
Jackson Flying V

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing

My top four would be these:
1.) Gibson SG Supreme in emerald burst finish
2.) Gretsch G6136T White Falcon
3.) Gibson ES-335 Reissue in cherry
4.) Fender American Special HSS Strat

The Gretsch is obviously the most expensive, but I love the looks of the emerald burst SG.  I once saw a guy with a lime green Strat.  I don't know if it was a Fender or a knockoff, but it was pretty sweet looking.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

jamiey1 wrote:

Which Wesley?

My dream guitar, if I could do it, would be something custom made, in the shape of a Gibson SG, but a one-piece body, made from the best mahogany I could find, preferably something aged. Basically, a custom version of my own SG, with an ebony fretboard and Gibson-level finish.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

I love Kirk Hammett's ESP LTD KH-2!!!
It's my favourite guitar.