Topic: Red Guitar by Loudon Wainwright III

For the past several hours I've been looking for the chords to the song Red Guitar by Loudon Wainwright III.  I've got the lyrics but I'm terrible at figuring out chords.  If anybody has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges
to keep the crazies from following you.

Re: Red Guitar by Loudon Wainwright III

I am no good at figuring them out either... maybe someone that is will chime in here.  In the mean time, maybe you can figure out by watching this guy what cords he's playing?  It's an idea!  smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yt_42Wvnnw

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'd try that but I'm still on dial-up.  You Tube doesn't work to well.  A friend of mine watched a video and came up with some chords.  I'll give them a try and let you know how they work.

4 (edited by Guitarpix 2010-05-11 22:03:14)

C F C G  & repeat.... Then he does a little break staying on C working with a few hammer ons mainly with the middle finger on D string 2nd fret (E note) from open... Then back to the CFCG progression. That carries you through the whole song till the end where he throws in a quick Am to B7 change for like 1 strum each...

For the closest match play C 332010 and barre F

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thanks for the help Pix... it looked like C's and G's to me, but I wasn't sure about the rest and didn't want to mess anyone up with my guesses!  LOL!  I'm still not too good at knowing what someone's playing by ear, watching someone's fingers only gives me a decent guess.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thank you everybody for your help.  I think I got it.

Please could someone tell me the chords for the song  Little Ship on the the little ship album by Loudon Wainwright?

francesrickard wrote:

Please could someone tell me the chords for the song  Little Ship on the the little ship album by Loudon Wainwright?

I recommend you start a new thread as this one is for "Red Guitar".

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Try wwwchordpickout.com it is advertised here at chordie on one of the pages.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman