Topic: Astair by Matt Costa

Just figured I'd share what I was listening to... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFrIT6-A … re=related Matt's a great artist and has a lot of great songs out there. I've been a big fan for a few years now.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Astair by Matt Costa

Heya Pix,

I've been listening to Matt for awhile also. He gets quite a bit of play on XM  Coffee House and the Loft, he is good . I don't want to Hijack your thread but I am so excited about an old song that I finally got around to. I have the guitar part just about perfected but I am struggling with the vocal it's too too high for me. It sounds so cool I just had to tell somebody.

Stephen Stills  4+20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-7U0MiQaQ

Later, Wayne P

That is a good one Wayne! Believe it or not I heard that song for the first time (that I remember) just a couple of months ago... Hard to believe I'd never heard it before then. I'm sure you'll nail it shortly smile Look forward to hearing it! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Stills is one of my favorite acoustic players ever. One of the first songs I learned was "Helplessly Hoping" .

The video with Dick Cavet is pretty cool. The musicians in the circle had all just played Woodstock , that's been awhile ago. I have really liked 4+20 a long time . Don't know why I haven't done it before. I am playing it in open E tuning and my martin guitar just loves that tuning. It sustains like I have never heard an acoustic do, I am just amazed and having so much fun.

Later, Wayne P

Those are the moments we play for smile It makes all those "bad days" when nothing seems to work right worth it! Glad you're enjoying yourself man! smile