Topic: A gigging we will go...

Wish me luck fellow Chordians! Fixing to head over to Myrtle Beach to set up the PA and such for the wedding this afternoon. It started out that I was only going to play a few songs for the wedding and after party and the crowd was only going to be around 100 people.  The rest of the music was to be DJ'd.... Well at rehearsal Thursday night I got hit with All the music for the wedding and asked to put a few sets together for the after party as well! Also found out that at least 250 people had RSVP'd... So the pressure is on lol I've played small venues around 50 people but this is a little larger and more important so the nerves are acting up just a little smile Oh well this is what we practice for right? Time to put up or shut up smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: A gigging we will go...

Good for you Pix,

I hope it goes well, I think getting started will be the hardest , then it will kick in. I always like to talk a little bit before I start so I know how hot the mic is and kinda get a feel for the PA , then let'er rip.

Are you doing vocals also ?

Later, Wayne P

Good luck to ya.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

good luck Chris and dont worry most of the guest will loosen up on the free refreshments just tell them the more they drink the better you will sound after a while you'll be the best they ever heard lol (just kidding) its a reception have fun and they will too smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey Pix

Have fun with it and it'll have fun with you smile
Looking forwards to hearing good things about the gig.

Cheers smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Guys!  Wayne, I'll be doing vocals for the after party but the wedding itself is all instrumental...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Best of Luck Pix! I am sure you will be great.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

You'll do great, Guiatrpix.  That sure is a lot of beer to drink playing all that time.  Nerves are normal.  They make you do better.  Good luck.  Do let us know how it went.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Bit late on this I know but good luck and I hope it goes (or went, depending when you read this) really well.

Break a leg!!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Go get 'em Pix. Tear 'em up.
I D.J.'d a booze free wedding last year. They all walked into the reception room after the wedding, ate some free food and left. An hour into the reception and the party was over.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I guess I'm a day late and a dollar short as usual.  I hope it went well for you.  Please write in and tell us about it, good or bad.  There's always a lesson and usually some humor. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well I know I'm late with my good luck wishes... but I do really hope it went well for you Pix!  Sink or swim... you know we've got your back here in the end.  I'm sure you knocked em dead though! smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks everyone!  I don't have time for all the details this morning but all went well and we had a blast!

The bride has photos all over her facebook page... I'll see if I can snag a few this evening and share them here. There should be video floating around somewhere as well...