Topic: Loop Pedal

Morning all,

I may be on the look out for loop pedal (if there is such a thing), just something I can blast a few chords out or a few 12 bar blues and then solo over the top. 

Can anyone give a little info or perhaps recommend something?  Is it worth considering second hand?

Cheers
C

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

Re: Loop Pedal

There are several that dont cost an arm and a leg,Boss makes a few basic loop pedals mine is a Boss RC-20XL but it depends on how much loop time (storage) you require a basic loop pedal can be purchased for around $120.00 mine was $240.00 smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm with Russell.  I got the RC2 for $155 on ebay but now I see them in $85 - 100 range and it's a great practice partner.  You don't have to spend a lot, and it's best not to get too dependant.  You can always sell a boss for decent return if you want later.  They're bullet proof/

Cheers guys,

Tho Boss ones seem to keep popping up wherever I look so I guess Boss it is.

Thanks

Crevs,

I've got the Digitech Jamman V1.O.  I had to buy the extra pedal that attaches to it in order to cycle through the stored patches without bending over.  Version 2.0 has that built in to it and should be exactly what you are looking for.  I am very fond of my Jamman even with the extra pedal.  Never had a problem with it.  However, looper pedals are very unforgiving of miss tapped foot inputs.  Practice with these alot before before performing live..

Now available in 5G !

I've got the Boss RC-2. It can record 16 minutes of you playing and loop it back for your pleasure.
Comes with drum tracks and quantizes your playing if you like so your tracks sound on-time and on-beat.
It's an amazing pedal to practice with. You can route your auxiliary signal into it from an mp3 player or a mic or whatever you want to plug into it while you play along with your guitar.
I bought mine off of Craigslist for 100.00 locally.

Good stuff,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I've got a digitech RP355. Its a multi effects processor so it does all kinds of stuff and loops. I think the RP 155 loops and its only about $100. It only holds 20 seconds which isn't enough for a full 12 bar progression unless your blistering fast, but enough to get some chord changes going to solo over, and has helped me tremendously in that regards. It has lots of drum patterns but they dont work when the looper mode is on. A major oversight in my opinion. They also can be found on craigslist really cheap. You might also want to check for some freeware recording software. With my old multi tracker I could record something and then go  back and set points for it to loop.

Cheers guys, the Boss RC-2 looks a possible.

hi crevs,

as loop pedals go, you might like to check out russ hardings web page, where he uses a loop pedal to great effect, it's on video, and it's worth checking out. iechyd dda

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.