Topic: Senior Member

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed for the first time that I'm a senior Member, others are members, and Honored Members. I was just wondering when this started and what the criteria was for each.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Senior Member

Criteria = number of posts is my guess.

Don't worry dude, you're honored here.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ok I saw where Rodger had explained this in another post, it was just the first time I had noticed it and was curious.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I posted a tongue-in-cheek piece about a year ago questioning what I'd have to do to earn the honor of Senior Member.  Somebody explained that all I had to do was go to my profile and throw in a few keystrokes.  I wish I could remember the exact procedure, but the bottom line is, I'm now a Senior Member.  Best of all, the salary is much higher and I am now exempt from sales taxes in 47 states.

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

Hey I just noticed somewhere along the line I got promoted to "senior member" and I haven't got any salary checks yet.  I don't think it's how many posts. . it's probably how many years old you are.

I guess you guys don't read the 'About Chordie' section smile.

Junior Member < 25 posts
Member 25- 99 posts
Senior Member 100 -999 posts
Honoured Member >1000 posts

There are currently 8 Honoured Members excluding the Moderators, many of whom qualify.

Sadly there will be no salary cheques forthcoming but it is a way of easily identifying the newcomers amongst us and giving recognition for the contributions from others that makes Chordie the friendly, helpful place that it is.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

AccoustikNoyz wrote:

Hey I just noticed somewhere along the line I got promoted to "senior member" and I haven't got any salary checks yet.  I don't think it's how many posts. . it's probably how many years old you are.

That's weird.  Your Chordie salary is supposed to double when you hit Senior Member.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf, I'm guessing that change from a whopping $0 per day to $00 just was missed by our senior members big_smile All those zeros are hard to add up when there's no one in front of em!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

The pay increase is hardly worth it, by the time they take out all the taxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the current exchange rate, the salary increase is brilliant. I can't wait to become a very senior member. I can only dream about becoming an honorary member  --  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

still waitin fer the cheque,   lol   badeye   cool

one caper after another

Just one more post and I'm in the senior member club,,,woo hoo smile

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Hey Badeye, it's all in the mind, and the bank managers' coffers - but, without dreams,  what are we?  apart from broke lol

Go for it  Fatstrings, it ain't difficult. Being a senior member is WAAAAAY better than being a mere member. Not as good as an honorary member, but nevertheless, it is a title to wear with pride.

The big money is being a moderator. Lots of perks and all the ice cream you can eat...eh Russ. smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

The big money is being a moderator. Lots of perks and all the ice cream you can eat...eh Russ. smile

ICE CREAM,,,   nobody said anything about ice cream.   i want in.   LOL.....

have a great weekend chordie land.      badeye   cool

one caper after another

buvvy wrote:

Hey Badeye, it's all in the mind, and the bank managers' coffers - but, without dreams,  what are we?  apart from broke lol

I hear ya Buvvy,,    lots of broken dreams.. May as well spend it, I have not seen a Brinks truck behind a

hearse yet, so ya can't take it with you.  Ya gotta keep dreamin tho.   

take care....   cool   badeye..

one caper after another

Kenny I think Santa went on welfare last Christmas lol

KAP54 wrote:

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Ok, so most of this thread seems to be poking fun at the member status thing and I was going to try to think of something real smart to post for my 100th post but couldn't think of anything. Now that I'm a senior member,,,who is going to give me the "secret handshake" smile

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

badeye wrote:
KAP54 wrote:

Forget the Ice Cream, I'd want some of those Amsterdam brownies........Hmmmmmm..

Peace and Ggggggggggg...

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
badeye wrote:
KAP54 wrote:

Forget the Ice Cream, I'd want some of those Amsterdam brownies........Hmmmmmm..

Peace and Ggggggggggg...

those are good,   eh...     badeye    cool

one caper after another