Topic: Acoustic amps

Just got myself a new guitar its a Martin and love it to bits. I had a Ellipse VT acoustic preamp system fitted, its neat, the pickup fits inside the soundhole no cutting. Now I feel that the Martin deserves a new acoustic amp. Have been looking at the Marshall AS100D, has anybody got any input on the AS100D or can you recommend anything better, regards Roger

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

Re: Acoustic amps

Hi Roger... congrats on the NGD (new guitar day) with the new Martin.... and the new preamp system.  I don't know anything about the amps, just wanted to hop in and say YAY for you! Happy days!  I'm sure some of the other guys will chime in on their thoughts on amps for you.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

My mate has the 100d and it is a superb amp ,heavy too.

There are quite a few good acoustic amps on the market. Some are good = some are better = some are great. Kinda need to know just what you are looking for in a new amp. Do you need more that 1 channel? Do you want to add speakers, sub-woofers, etc to the amp. Do you need chorus, tuners or whatever. I have a Roland AC60 and am very satisfied with it = also I have received a lot of complements on the sound. Think I would rather have the newer AC90 just because it's bigger. If you really, really want a new acoustic amp I would try as many as I could prior to buying one - then buy the 1 that best fits mt style and venue of playing. Look at AER, Vox, Roland, Acoustic Image to name a few. If I had a nice crisp 1000 dollar bill I think I would look into a Bose system. Anyway - what I'm trying to say is for you not to buy an amp just because someone you know has one and likes it. Make sure your new amp fits you and your playing needs before you buy.

Nela

+1 on the Bose, but you can buy a small Acoustasonic Jr with a outstanding reputation for a little over $300.  You know how sometimes you like something better at first than later?  I've never stopped admiring the Acoustasonic and had it about 7 yrs.  The vocal acoustics on it are really nice too. There's other good ones too, as the others here will tell you.

I use a Marshall AS50D and It's a superb amp for acoustic and vocals... Had an ultrasound that was really nice as well. I'd recommend either...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thanks for that guys, the problem I have is living in the area that I live in Turkey I dont have much  of a choice. So I have to seach the net, read up and try to make up my mind without tring it. A very good friend from the UK then buys it in England and brings it to Turkey for me.
                                                                                                                                                                 Nela yes looking for two channels ex speakers etc i've had a good look and the AS100D seems to have what I want but just wondered if anybody had used or tried it.   Looked at the AS50D aswell looks a neat little unit Guitarpix. Need somthing with a bit of a punch, I gig in a few friends bars, so thats the reason that I was looking at the AS 100 I thought it would suite me better.   

Hi Mekidsmom thanks for that hows your new guitar.     Roger

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

Congrats on the Martin i'll bet it sounds awesome. A great amp to go with it is the Fishman loudbox 100. It has all of the bells a whistles needed to make that Martin sound as good plugged in for a pretty large crowd.

I can't say enough good things about the Fishman Solo amp.  The case even has wheels so you can drag it like luggage! The sound is incredible. It takes one minute to set it up. Its a little pricey but I think its worth it.

Now available in 5G !

Hi I had a Marshall AS1000D and I really liked it, only sold it as I was thinning out my collection and it had to go.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

I find used P.A. systems sometimes cheaper than amps. Your local musicians exchange probably has a selection.
A P.A. makes a fine guitar amp plus has at least four inputs for your guitar and vocal, a friends vocal and another guitar.
My Peavey 6000 has six inputs and my Mackey board has 24.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

thanks for all your input guys have now got my AS100D had it for a few weeks now, got used to it and love it.