1 (edited by Guitarpix 2010-06-08 03:53:20)

Topic: Do you Dare!!! LOL Worse cover in history & I helped :)

Okay guys and gals I've been wanting to share this for a while know (about 2 yrs.) but the video contained some stuff best left unseen so I never posted it before....
  Sorry for the audio quality, I just played the video and recorded the audio back via the webcam so it destroyed the guitar but the vocals are still pretty close to original smile

So a little background before you either wince from the pain or die of laughter smile Three friends and I sitting around for several hours one night indulging smile About 3 am, when everyone is 3 sheets in another friend stops by.... He's heard this song at the bar and we have to play it so he can sing it for us... (He really thinks he's got it;)) I look up the chords real quick and give it a few strums while he and the others join in for the vocals smile Please excuse the bad playing as well smile I was dying of laughter and finally had to just stop but no worries they don't even notice for a moment and keep up their work!  I will warn that while I cut the video and cleaned up some of the audio there is still one curse word in it.... Without further ado http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdRTXMDBeRQ Be patient, He really starts to kick it up at around 2:00 into it.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Do you Dare!!! LOL Worse cover in history & I helped :)

Would love to hear it Guitarpix but cant get utube in Turkey its been banned hear and its not because they've seen your video.

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

LOL!!!  There's the chance that some of you may have been mildly intoxicated.  They ought to use that for alcohol awareness in high schools.  "Kids, when you drink you may be lead to think you can sing much better than you do.  Listen to this..."

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Oh Pix that was painful in deed to listen to!  LOL!  It was pretty similar to a bad night at karaokie.  Hey, everyone had fun and that's what counts right?  right?  right?  lol

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Right!

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

So it sounds like if I get realy wasted, I can sing better!

rogerjamtill wrote:

Would love to hear it Guitarpix but cant get utube in Turkey its been banned hear and its not because they've seen your video.

I sent you the file via email smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

I agree it is the worst kind of reminds me of the theme for south park only thats arranged better but you did include a disclaimer the power of booze lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

That was fantastic Guitarpix...rarely do I actually "laugh out loud" when I put lol in a thread but I can actually say that I "LOL". Although I've never met you, I have those "same friends"....I think most musicians do have those "same friends." Thanks for making my day smile.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

jcellini wrote:

So it sounds like if I get realy wasted, I can sing better!

It's better if you can get the audience to drink.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nothing wrong with that, everyone's having fun and no one got hurt.....I bet it sounded great that night!!!! cool

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Loved it, I think I finally found someone I can sing better than
Cheers
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Yowser Pix... Sounds like everyone was having a blast being blasted big_smile
I'm kinda curious about the ummmmmmm?
"A few friends... A few too many beer.... & a few to many ummmmmm"

Would love to see the vid via Email if you still have it. smile

Cheers

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thats worse than rap and that's saying something. WOW big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

lol lol lol

One of my friends made a vid of me recently also after having a few bacardi playing and singing.

It was all in slow motion,  dreadful it was .When we got over laughing about it the next day. I asked her to delete. But she still has it on her mobile phone.. She threatens me now with it ! Whats even more funny about  the video is the fact that they were all singing along with me, also in slow motion.
The demon drink !

Funny stuff Pix.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Fun had by all!! If you have more don't be shy. Most of us can very much relate. Glad you
   had fun.

Our intuitions serve us well

Thanks for that pix if you had played it in F#maj9#11 it would have definitely  sounded better, not a lot but better, the voice well that sings for its self.  Great stuf its what life is all about.

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

He sounded a little like Leon Russell to me.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

19 (edited by Guitarpix 2010-06-15 19:21:11)

Glad everyone enjoyed the vid smile It was a fun evening...Fom what little I can remember wink

MK, Believe it or not this guy is the karaoke king lol He goes to the bars on karaoke night, but he doesn't perform solo... smile He get's up on stage behind everyone else and sings back up for them! lol

Kaps, Don't know if I can get the file or not... It's on my old laptop and it's not functioning very well... It took several tries just to get it to stay up long enough to record this. As for the ummmm.... Listen to the background noise wink Lots of coughing going on...

20 (edited by Detman101 2010-06-15 18:58:42)

Guitarpix wrote:

Okay guys and gals I've been wanting to share this for a while know (about 2 yrs.) but the video contained some stuff best left unseen so I never posted it before....
  Sorry for the audio quality, I just played the video and recorded the audio back via the webcam so it destroyed the guitar but the vocals are still pretty close to original smile

So a little background before you either wince from the pain or die of laughter smile Three friends and I sitting around for several hours one night indulging smile About 3 am, when everyone is 3 sheets in another friend stops by.... He's heard this song at the bar and we have to play it so he can sing it for us... (He really thinks he's got it;)) I look up the chords real quick and give it a few strums while he and the others join in for the vocals smile Please excuse the bad playing as well smile I was dying of laughter and finally had to just stop but no worries they don't even notice for a moment and keep up their work!  I will warn that while I cut the video and cleaned up some of the audio there is still one curse word in it.... Without further ado http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdRTXMDBeRQ Be patient, He really starts to kick it up at around 2:00 into it.

Goodness that sounds like fun.
The "One too many" blues...

lol,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle