Topic: Drifting thoughts

It's raining today so on my second cup of coffee I remembered something I had heard it was a comment "I like the way you look" on the surface this compliment implies approval of appearance but my thoughts became analytical the "you look" got me to thinking what we see all around us trees,earth,water everything in the universe including our thoughts are a form of energy they only appear solid but in reality (here's where it gets weird) a piece of rock,skin,a drop of water is a combination of molecules broken down these are groups of atoms which in turn are broken down to protons,neutrons and electrons and even smaller particles so infinite they cannot be seen even under the most powerful electron microscopes there existence can only be theorized it is infinite withing and without by without I mean we look to the heavens,the stars far away galaxies endless trillions of light years no end no beginning I thought of our earth,our home a spaceship that is aligned the precise distance from our sun to give us just the right amount of heat and light for life to thrive a unique atmosphere that allows us a window to see out and gravity that keeps our atmosphere and us from floating off into the void then I thought of our cycle of life from nothingness to birth maturity to old age and death the completion of the cycle we return to nothingness we leave behind all we were, our dreams,family,friends,accomplishments and failures and our bodies alter the molecules change and form other complex molecules as we decompose but matter cannot be destroyed only altered so take heart what was you physically will still be around in some organic configuration but what happens to the "I am" your conscience awareness this is the age old question so what is thought? science tells us electrical impulses (synapses) there's that word again electrical (energy) so I wondered where dose this energy go? is it dissipated after the life giving blood discontinues feeding the cells of our brain or is it released into the vastness of the unforeseen perhaps some parallel portal of time that awaits the creators final evaluation "I liked the way you thought" or not I need another cup of coffee

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Drifting thoughts

1. The energy is love.  I can back that up, but my backup will only matter to you if you believe what Scriptures have to say.

2. It's good that you recorded this line of thinking.  But now that it is recorded, another cup of coffee is probably in order.  Or perhaps a walk in the rain and a stick of Juicy Fruit. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Whoa, that was awesome!!!! What kind of coffee do you drink please!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

Zurf wrote:

1. The energy is love.  I can back that up, but my backup will only matter to you if you believe what Scriptures have to say.

2. It's good that you recorded this line of thinking.  But now that it is recorded, another cup of coffee is probably in order.  Or perhaps a walk in the rain and a stick of Juicy Fruit. 

- Zurf

I was thinking perhaps he's already had too many pieces of "juicy fruit"???? That's some deep stuff there....

One word... not even a real word.....decaf  wink

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

That's some pretty deep thinking there Russ. smile

That got me to wondering about all kinds of things in the big ole universe but mostly about what brand of coffee your drinking and can I get it up here in Canada.

Just funnin with ya smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

WOW.

Our intuitions serve us well

That is some deep thinking Russell.  It's also probably a world record for the longest sentence ever written.  smile

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

I remember those blotter dayz (kinda). Send me a pack of your sugar cubes.

http://www.blotterart.info/blotter/Blotter%20art%202006/Dancing%20Skeletons%20(Black)/dancing_skeletons_black_close.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

http://www.blotterart.info/blotter/Blot … _close.jpg

Ha Ha!!!! Oh, I meant what the heck is that a picture of!!! smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi Russell this is very strange I was thinking the same thoughts but I was on my 2nd Raki. But seriously what you say is true.

Life is but a journey that I don't want to end, that now my day's with D and my guitar I spend.

Hi Russell,

I love this kind of thought process.. Coffee or sugar lol.. After reading your piece last night and now this morning
this is what i believe... Our mortal clothes goes back to earth or dust. My belief is a soul is not born, so it cannot die.
Our soul is a powerful energy, while the body will decay the soul lives on within the energy field.
Death may separate us from the body, but our souls  continue its spiritual journey..

Thats my wee belief on us as beings.. the more i practise deep meditation  the more i believe this process.

Thanks for this Sir.

Have another thought inspiring day. There interesting.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

It's all very true, how unique and lucky we are to have been placed in this magical place called "earth" where every little atom works together to allow us life.  Don't forget too that without light, we would have no color.... why is the sky blue?  Because it is primarily made of oxygen which refracts blue light (it sure isn't blue at night without light to refract off of it).  The color comes up with the sun!

I think your question is begging for a discussion on religion ... so I'm going to leave that portion of it alone.  I had some other things to say as well, but again they lead to discussions on religion.  Tricky... and interesting at the same time.  Each time a question hasn't been answered scientifically it has been answered religiously.

Reminder to those posting:  "Topics that become arguments over Religion and/or Politics will be closed or deleted."   - have fun with this, just please remember to respect each others different opinions!  smile  And with that... I shall bow out of this discussion for now.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Dolly, from my perspective you hit the nail firmly on the head. I am in full agreement with you. To go off on a slightly different tangent , but on the same subject, I think it was Daddy Cool and also Phil Williams, correct me if i am wrong, who said that they
often don't know where the inspiration for their many songs comes from, but that the words just flow. Guided hands maybe --  just food for thought. But well written and put Russell.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

I dont think you need anymore coffee.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

topdown wrote:

http://www.blotterart.info/blotter/Blot … _close.jpg

Oh man....that's a lotta mind expansion there!!

wow,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Just remember, wherever you go, there you are!
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Some intersting thoughts you shared with us russ,I enjoyed them. Iwill have a beer instead of coffee.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read these thoughts there was nothing in the coffee but cream and sugar I think we all wonder about these things form time to time and sometimes we express them smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"