Topic: Congrats to Roger, new Moderator!

The 'Acoustic' forum is pleased to welcome Roger Guppy as its new Moderator.

Roger has been playing guitar since soon after sound waves were invented.  His experience, good humor, and helpful contributions to chordie's forum make him uniquely qualified to help moderate.

Congratulations, Roger!
James McCormick

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Congrats to Roger, new Moderator!

Congratulations Roger. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

YEAH ROGER!!!!!!!!
Roger remembers when playing past the third fret was still banned by the church as witchcraft.
Love ya Roger!!!

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

Good stuff Roger. Congrats. I remember your help with the songwriting and posting 'all nice and purdy like' Thanks again and good luck.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Congrats Roger, I just hope we don't give you a headache as some of us can be a little silly at times. roll
It's all in good fun of course and never disrespectfull.

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Thank you friends for those kind words of encouragement and for the truthful ones too. Actually it as I who invented the sound waves James and you are right also Mike as I  came close to being burnt at the stake once for using my 5th fret.

Joking apart, as this is such a friendly, well behaved place I am sure that there will be very little for me to do.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

7 (edited by bud_wiser 2007-05-13 14:45:46)

G'luck Roger. I'll try and keep my offensive language and controversial views to a minimum to keep your stress levels in check tongue

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Thanks Mark,

You obviously appreciate the care I need to take with my health at my age. By the way my new zimmer frame has wheels on the front. I does not make me any faster but I do fall down more gracefuly lol

Roger

Well Done Roger,

Just a little tip from me,

" Brush up on your Calculation ? Or you may be writing a lot more songs then  you need too ! ".

Slainte,

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi roger and congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of moderation lol

while on he subject of moderating, since te site has changed I see, or cannot see where there is a part to repor to another moderator about posts in the wrong place etc or somewhere for anyone to report a bad post.
Am I rght in thinking there are none of these options or is it I just cannot see it.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Lena,

Thank you for the tip but writing a song for a charming lady is an honour and a pleasure, however it would be a bit of a strain trying to find different variations of the same theme if I made the same mistake repeatedly.

I have therefore now got a calculator at the side of my PC and a big notice not to use it unless I have had less than three wee drams.

Take care,

Roger

To sing along with sir cliff, staying in the Eurovision style:
Congratulations
And celebrations
When I tell everyone that youre in love
With me
Congratulations
And jubilations
I want the world to know Im happy as can be.
GOOD FOR YOU.
Question: how to become moderator and what is exactly the function of a moderator?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Thank you Phil,

I don't know if you realise how apt your remarks are. Sir Cliff's Portuguese villa and vinyard are less than 20 kms from me.

The main functions of a Moderator are to keep an eye on the postings to make sure that spam is not getting through and deleting it if it does appear. Moving posts that get put in the wrong section of the forum, or as you know at the moment we are asking the person to move it themselves as this function is not operating correctly yet. And I suppose just making sure that things go smoothly.

A Moderater can edit, delete or block any posting in his/her section however I think that these functions will rarely be used. If any of my more experiences collegues want to add something or pass comment here please feel free.

I became a Moderator by invitation, it was not a position I sought, although I am more than pleased to be able to help Chordie run smoothly as most of my PC time is spent here. Although I will never meet them I have made many new friends since I became a member of this site.

Roger

upyerkilt wrote:

hi roger and congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of moderation lol

while on he subject of moderating, since te site has changed I see, or cannot see where there is a part to repor to another moderator about posts in the wrong place etc or somewhere for anyone to report a bad post.
Am I rght in thinking there are none of these options or is it I just cannot see it.

Ken

Roger I would like to report this post as part of it has nothing to do with singing your praise.... wink

Of course now I'll never get that Visa to enter Scottland sad

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

G'day Roger,

Good for you (us smile )

Alec

Thank you Alec,

Mhebert, what has up till now been a secret is that there is a special coded language that Moderators have to learn. Although Ken's message seem like ordinary trivia it does mean something completely different which I cannot, of course, divulge as I would be breaking my Moderator's oath. As a part of the acceptance ritual one has to barre a chord and show proficiency in the use of a capo. We also greet and recognise each other with a special chordshape. I am not at liberty to tell you more than that though.:lol:.

Roger