Topic: changing style of playing

I play more or less 30 years, the beautiful guitar instrument, it looks in my eyes so simple, better would be complex by it's simplicity. This fact of playing already so long, both acoustic and electric is giving me in fact more problems than benefits. BECAUSE YOU PLAY YOUR OWN STYLE. Some of us play solos on electric guitars from 07.00 - 19.00, others just play rythm, style Tom Fogerty, or David Knopfler, because you don't notice them, because the real guitarist is so good that they are playing at the sideline.
My style of playing guitar is an in between style. I love it when I start playing and people recognise very soon the song I am playing. It is very difficult to determine my guitar skills. I am not a "solo" man, but more a Keith Richards style guitarplayer, loving RIFFS and LICKS. Difference, I am zip compared with him. Other people tell me that my style is more "leadguitar" and somewhere I agree, if I play with other and preferring better players. Due to my job, wich I don't excercise probably for ever, I wasn't able to develop a particular style, but MORE IMPORTANT, I do not have the patience, everything has to happen asap.
So I described my style, I call it melodical strumming in combination with riffs and licks.HERE THE IMPORTANT QUESTION: is it still possible to change style???? I love to read and play tabs, but as I told: no patience. I would love to play my acoustic guitar in fingerpicking style, but I am afraid that after a few moments, I am strumming again, or move the guitarstrings with my plectrum wich is already a kind of fingerpicking. ARE THERE PEOPLE HERE WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM?? and is a number of lessons useful? I try to be honest: I come home again, and what happens is, you start fingerpicking, and after 10 minutes, you play again the style you like since 30 years. IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE YOUR STYLE AFTER HAVING PLAYED ANOTHER STYLE FOR 30 YEARS.
AM I ALONE, OR ARE THERE "CHORDIANS" WITH THE SAME PROBLEM???

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: changing style of playing

Always possible and usualy exciting. You aren't nessesarily changing styles you are expanding your own. It will still sound like you. It will just sound like you doing more than you did. Go for it!!!

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm