Topic: mahalo ukes

hi roger i have found mahalo ukes to be a bit toyish or gimmicky, i got a flying v uke and the sound wasnt great, also had a saprano that used to give you sore fingers cos the actoin was not good lol so i stay away from them they are cheap i know, but there are other makes you can get that cost the same and are better quality. my self i have an ashbury resonator uke, wich plays and sounds realy nice but then it should the price of it .i also have a makala saprano it cost 30 pound its not bad for an entry levle. but the one i take every where is my ohana sapronino or pocket uke its great fun again was pricey but i guess you get what you pay for  hope this helps  maxine

Re: mahalo ukes

Hi Maxine,

Thanks for the explanation. I find it a little frustrating when people comment against something/brand without an explanantion so I am pleased to find out why you are unhappy with them. At the end of the day I think it comes down to what feels good to you in your price range and the more you can pay the better product you will get.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"