Topic: VOX amPlugs

Has anyone tried these out yet?  I've been looking at getting one ... when your sitting downstairs and watching tv, traveling, etc it'd be nice to have so your not dragging your amp, chords, etc around

www.voxamps.co.uk/amplug/

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Re: VOX amPlugs

yes,love it. I've got the AC 30 on my Washburn WI-64DL. can sit next to wife And she can't hear a thing. Sounds great too.

The Line 6 pocket  pod is worth trying too , and it has more tones to choose from , only slightly more expensive .

henryb wrote:

The Line 6 pocket  pod is worth trying too , and it has more tones to choose from , only slightly more expensive .

+1 on that. Does the same thing with effects. But beware battery life is terrible so plugged in is the only way to go...I have no experience with the new "express" version

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

i have had the vox for 2 years and haven't used it yet--- i need to give it a run

I also have the AC30 and it has simplified my gear that I have to carry when I go for rehearsals.
I just carry my amplug and route the headphone signal to the mixer board or DI box with a converter cable and I'm golden. All I need to carry besides that are spare AAA batteries.

Love the tone, love the flexibility and it's so easy to carry. The only thing is that it kinda sticks out the back of the guitar a bit and can be broken if you knock it too hard.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I've got the classic rock, and it sounds great.  But I found that the pots have got quite rough, and getting smooth tones is a bit tricky.

I've also got a Pocket POD, and despite being a bit hungry on the batteries, and a lot bigger is a lot more fun and useful.

Mine sounds fine in almost anything I plug it into.
Headphones, mixing board, you name it...

But there was one time I used it and it just didn't sound good at all.
It was at a church I was visiting in Texas. They only had one set of speakers that the mics, organ and keyboard were routed through.
I couldn't get my amplug loud enough to play and compete without distorting a lot and it just sounded horrible.
I would up just taking it out and plugging directly into the sound board and diming my guitar volume.

Now...at my church...it sounds great!
But we have 2 speakers for each instrument and front and rear speakers for the mics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzftxQ4zM2I

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle