Topic: City of New Orleans.

For all my friends here who are not on Facebook,

I wish you a Happy celebratory 4th July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94AF_-RIl0E

The Emerald isle says " SLAINTE" [ CHEERS ]

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: City of New Orleans.

Cheers to you as well!  smile

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Thanks Old Doll!  I had a big family get-together and then the neighbors and I all sat around and had a big jam session until the wee hours of the morning after the fireworks display.  There is always something special about getting together with others and seeing their special talents revealed as we all took turns playing something and everybody else jumps in.  We had quite the little session with five accoustic players, a bass player and several walkups who sang for us.  I had a GREAT time!  Thanks for the 4th of July wishes.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Goose bumps and throat lumps on this one. Waylon and Johnny are no longer with us here on earth but Willie and Kris keep on keepin' on. And let us not forget the late, great Steve Goodman, the man responsible for this fine tune.

Nice one Old Doll !!!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

I also thank you Old Doll, for a peek at an inspiring concert. You have a good eye for material that is truly uplifting.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks, Old Doll.  I just got back from up north visiting my daughters and grandchildren.  I had a good time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thank you old doll,that is a song I play alot,I always thought arlo guthrie wrote it I guess I may be wrong. I heard a few weeks ago that willie was getting his hair cut shorter,I am waiting to see if thier is any truth to that. I had acouple of beers and watched fireworks from my back yard last night. ( no drinking and driving for me) .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

One of my favorites songs Old Doll. Thanks for that video. Nice to know that someone
      so far away in another country would think of us at this time. Thankyou

Our intuitions serve us well

Thank you Old Doll!  We had a wonderful Holiday weekend.  The weather was beautiful and warm.  The kids and I went to my sisters for a pig roast and camped in her back yard Saturday.  I brought both my guitars with me and played a little at the campfire after the kiddos went to sleep.  There was a young man there that showed off some of his skills on my classical.  Natural abilities that boy had, just awesome, with no training and no music theory behind him at all.  He couldn't tell you what he was playing, no clue what the strings notes were even, but boy could he throw out some wild sounds!  Sunday we hung out in our backyard having hot dogs, hamburgers, and various cold salads I made.  Yesterday was 94 degrees and we did some yard work and then all chilled out in my bedroom watching movies in the AC for a bit... then we sat at the lake and watched the fireworks last night.  It's going to be another day in the 90's today and we have an air quality alert due to high ozone levels.  Now that the weekend's over, I think a little rain is in order here!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Had a great 4th thanks Lena,

Lizzie and I went for a drive and sightseeing , we went from Gillette to Buffalo Wy, then over the mountain to Ten Sleep and ended up in Cody and spent the night. Cody had a great craft fair and 4th celebration. We then headed home and took an alternate route through Red Lodge Mont. and on to Billings , Sheridan and back to Gillette.

Here's a pic of Bearcreek Coal Mine, in 1943 74 men died in an explosion and the mine never reopened. Near Red Lodge Mt.
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab182/wlbaye/Sagebrush005.jpg

Here's a pic of Lizzie with some wyoming sagebrush, you can't grow sagebrush like this just anywhere

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab182/wlbaye/Sagebrush002.jpg

Later, Wayne P

Thank you all for sharing your day with us.

Yes i agree its a great line up.. I adore that song and the way these great artist play with such ease to produce a fantastic sound. Born with the gift in there D.N.A i believe...

I'd love to visit bearcreek, i bet there spirits still hang about there.. My sage bush died this winter.. It aint easy to grow it here.. I burn it to cleanse the house and peoples auras if there not feeling good
.. I believe the native american indian's did this also. Sage has great medicinal properties.
: Cur moriatur homo cui Salvia crescit in horto?, which means 'why should a man die while sage grows in his garden'.

I could do with a good craft fair.. Ive been searching the web for weeks now looking for cream hearts for  my nieces wedding..There either to small or to big.. Satin- willow or wood. So maybe you guys could ask your ladies / husband if  they know a  local site i havent been to.. I could make them myself but i need 50, i dont have the time with all the other stuff i've to do.

Thanks Again for sharing.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Great video Old Doll, I always love watching Willie play.