Re: how old is every one?

I am 54. Been playing forever. My kids include Fenders, Gibsons and a boat load of Hagstroms. I play everything from Jazz to heavy metal dependiing on the day. ...you can call me gramps

At 60 years of age I guess I am a geezer, but it's worth it now just to have been able to live through the 60's.  Between San Francisco and Seattle 67-69, it was better than you could ever imagine...  Been playing since I was 10, plan on playing 'till the day I die.  Looking forward to being ticketed @ age 70 for playing my electric guitar to loud.  Nothin' I love more than passing the feeling of bliss through music and the skills of playing guitar on to the youngsters.  You only get to keep what you give away...  'Scuse me while I kiss the sky!!!

i am 20 years old but i had get much pressure.
my father has died so i have to suffer a lot
i have sister and my mother and me this our family
i have to mantain my family.
but i am happy.

59, 59 doing fine!!! LOL

You're only as pretty as you feel. You're only as pretty as you feel inside

just turned 40 and i sure as hell wished I had picked up Dads guitar earlier. Only got really serious about it this year.You young Lads and Lassies stick to it. im envious.

14 ha ah

"A bad note is only a fret or two away from a good note."  Anonymous

Has anyone thought of showing the ages on a chart?  That would be interesting.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Oh" good idea bensonp,

I'll be right in the mid range at 19 ,whooohoooo lol Yeah right ! I wish ! big_smile

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Old Doll wrote:

Oh" good idea bensonp,

I'll be right in the mid range at 19 ,whooohoooo lol Yeah right ! I wish ! big_smile

I will pass no comment about a ladies age. The last time I did I ended up writing a song to get out of trouble smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

big_smile big_smile big_smile

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

187 (edited by mercer 2010-07-09 11:36:17)

Anyone over 65 still playing?

bensonp wrote:

Has anyone thought of showing the ages on a chart?  That would be interesting.

I actually thought about doing this, then I realized that this thread started in 2007... That's too much "work" for me!  LOL roll

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Actually, if someone could talk per into putting an age category in our profiles, then the computer could do it automatically.  Just a thought.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

Actually, if someone could talk per into putting an age category in our profiles, then the computer could do it automatically.  Just a thought.

Roger????

Per probably already has some type of statistics somehow on this.  That's a good idea though Pete, heck... I'd be interested in seeing percentages of women/men and average ages!

The biggest problem with this is that so many Members do not complete their details in their profile. I always look at profiles for proper names before replying as I prefer to use them sooner than usernames and all to often come up blank. So to get age and gender as well would be very hit or miss so personally do not think it would work.

Roger

Here's the chordie US demographics per quantcast:

http://ak.quantcast.com/profile/demographicGraphAll?wunit=wd%3Acom.chordie&cols=2&pipe=V3&country=US&v=1215832192

http://www.quantcast.com/chordie.com

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Interesting topdown.  That's probably as accurate as you'll get with only half the data to work with.  So I am in the 18% above 50.  Sounds about right.  Thanks for that.

That's Great Jeff!  Roger's right, most people probably wouldn't go in and include their age and such... plus Chordie is used by TONS of people that never come to the forums as well.  I'm actually kind of surprised by the demographics.  I thought there'd be more Males and more folks in the 35-49 range.

Chart was very interesting!  Mentally I always feel like I am still in my early 30's, but physically I range from my normal 53 yrs to about 75 on a rainy stoved up arthritic day.  On the bad days I resort to doing the mentally challenging things and save my good days for golfing, fishing and chasing grandkids.  I mess with the guitar everyday.  Some days are just better than others, but everyday I pick up my guitart sustains a good attitude for me and is a good guitar day!  This has to be one of those 75 yr days after playing golf in the rain last nite and my ramblings.  Hmmm, maybe I should just pick up the guitar on make myself feel better.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

I am not old, only look old. I am 73 and play with a group in their 70's and 80's.We have a saxophone, clarinet, trumpet, guitar, bass and piano. We had a saxophone player who has since passed on [ not to another band ]. He was 96 and had been playing since he was 14  There was a documentary on TV recently interviewing a 92 year old who still teaches bass at a high school. I am listed as a junior member, can anybody tell me how to change that to senior.

i am a young 59 year old, i was 16 in the summer of love .playing k yairi , freshman ,tanglewood,and yamaha acoustic guitars.been in various bands in the 60s and 70s,one day i'll make it bigtime if i can get my zimmer on the stage !!!!

Welcome Rotoiti and Watchman to Chordie,

Rotoiti, when you join Chordie you are born again so you start of as a Junior Member and after you have made 25 posts you become a Member. Senior Member starts after 100 and Honoured for those who have contributed 1000 posts.

Watchman, it is nice to see that you still have ambition and a goal in life, get recording and put it up on YouTube and who knows you might be the next Justin Bieber smile.

Please enjoy the Forum, ask and answer questions. There is a great bunch of people here of all ages whose aim is to help others improve their playing ability (and their own).

Roger

199 (edited by patrickjacques 2010-11-20 23:06:35)

I am 53 years old. how time flies. I have not been on this site for quite a long time and well I just plain forgot how much I enjoy chordie. I have since moved back to the states (maryland) and back to Canada. My guitar collection has grown a bit.
Guild F 50 (broke down but not dead)
Martin D 42
Gibson Lucille
Fender Strat
National Resonator  Style O
Eastman (archtop) AR 910
Eastman Mandolin MD 515
and no the desire for more guitars does not go away

what a long strange trip it's been

I'm pushing 61 mighty hard these days.  I started playing one brother's guitar using the other brother's 300-page thick book of Beatles sheet music when I was 16 and couldn't go swimming due to swimmer's ear during the summer of 1966.  I will continue to play as long as I'm able.  Fortunately, this fat, ugly, & bald-headed body of mine works so I'm in pretty good shape--should be able for quite some time.

I just got a Fender Telecaster--using it to finally learn how to play some lead.  I almost have "Money for Nothing" down.  Still only own two guitars--the Tele and a Sigma DM-2 acoustic/electric.