Topic: Cover - You Were Meant for Me -

Okie Dokie... so my husband is out of town for the week, so I became determined to finally get this song recorded and uploaded for him (he does have his laptop along).  So this is his request, and good lyrics for me right now because I'm missing him something terrible! 

I have to say, I wish he was going away in another month instead of now.  I could really have used another month to work on this one!  ha ha!  I think I may have distracted the buzzing strings and goof ups just enough with the video effects however... so... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPdQ53uIvoU

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Cover - You Were Meant for Me -

Great Amy, I have commented on YouTube.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Nice work!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

A couple of days is bad enough - a week is a long time !

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Nice Job Amy!  I really liked how effortless and casual this was.  I found it very relaxing to listen to.  I enjoyed it!  Funny thing how emotions can stir us all to a better place with music or whatever we are doing.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

wink  Thanks guys!

Stran - When he and I first got together he worked out of town all the time.  He hasn't been gone like this in a few years.  He helps train apprentices at the Union Hall (Ironworker) some weekends when he's not tattooing, so the hall sent him for personal development and welding classes.  YES... a week IS a long time!  I think the first few days were the worst.  It's all downhill from here... 2 more days till he's home!

Dear Ms. Amy,
That was lovely. A truly fetching performance of a beautiful song. When you "hubster" sees that it will definitely tug at his heartstrings.
I'd like to know what your dad thought as well.
I'm a fan.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Write him a song about MIG and TIG.

They are different types of welding that the guys I grew up with used to talk knowledgably about - back in the days when we had a shipyard on ol Belfast.

Sure you'll be complaining about him by the middle of next week anyway - so enjoy the loss !

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Jim - I'm glad it appeared to be effortless!  LOL!  Some of those chords were actually a little tricky for me (and if you listen close, you'll hear it!).  There's also a Bm and a B7 in there that I fiddled my way through on the bridge - THANK GOODNESS only ONE of each! ha ha!

Toots - You are so sweet.  The hubster was very happy with it.  He says I rock.  LOL!  As for my Dad... It could be a week before I talk to him again, but we'll see what he has to say smile

StranSongs - I think there's another type of welder too for aluminum (which he is qualified in).  I'll have to do a little metallurgy research and see if I can toss some reference into a song I'm working on for him!  That's a good idea!  And you are VERY correct;  I will be complaining about the middle of next week!  It's harder to fall asleep at night without him here, but boy do I wake up more rested without someone draping their big heavy leg across me all night!

NICE!

Amy, I will bring this here instead of YouTube. Why would you want to produce a mirror image of your performance and appear to be left handed? I know that there must be a reason for it but I can't think of one and I am very curious, must come from living with three cats smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Well, actually I set the webcam up like that because I was using it to video chat with him while he's out of town.  When in video chat, I can see him and myself (or the kids can see themselves).  The typical settings weird me out... I guess because I'm so used to looking at myself in a mirror.  When the kids are video chatting they tend to get too absorbed in what they look like (he's on a slow connection so he freezes up, they are going to stare at themselves instead of him) instead of talking and I have found that the mirror image helps.  I was considering switching it for the video so that I didn't look "backwards"... but I found that while I was doing the video being able to see myself as a mirror image actually helped with not having to stare at the neck so much as I could see it in the camera playing on my computer screen. 

Mind you, when I say I'm used to seeing myself in a mirror image that doesn't mean I stare at myself all day long in the mirror... but I kind of do.  I'm a cosmetologist and I generally am standing behind a person doing their hair while we are both facing the mirror.  I use the mirror as a tool and can work as well looking through a mirror as I can straight on.  Putting that image in the standard form and trying to look at it while video taping is "foreign" to me.

I didn't mean to make myself look left handed sad 

When I was young asking a million questions my dad would say to me, "Curiosity killed the cat" ... and as a teenager I began to reply to him, "but satisfaction brought him back!"

Howdy Amy,

I would love to have a listen and see how you're doing but. I am away from home and our internet service is not good on location. I am currently overseeing the drilling of a horizontal oil well near Hobbs, New Mexico. I have been here about 8 days and have about a week left.

I will give it a listen when I get home, Lizzie knows how you feel. I just got a text message "Missing U"  might be another love song. Can't wait to hear your recording smile

Later, Wayne P

Heya Amy,

I am proud of you, that is a very tough song and has a tempo that is really tough to pull off. You are doing so well smile

Here is a song we will do when we get together some day. It is easy to play and you could sing it like an angel. A Townes Van Zandt song " Tecumseh Valley"    here's Nancy playing it so nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USafrOU3e88

Later, Wayne P

Oh Wayne, thank you sooo much!  It took a LOT of work, tries and figuring to get it.  At one point I almost ripped the paper I had printed it on up because I thought I'd never get it... or I would get it and couldn't sing it at the same time.  I hope you and Lizzie are enjoying your reunion!  My husband didn't work his day job this past week, we just lounged around the house together during the days smile

That is a very pretty song... I will have to print that one out

No reunion yet , I was just able to use a good internet hook up and listen to your vid. I am in a motel for 2 days and training at our main office in Artesia New Mexico. Then 2 more days in the field and then home again.

I am gonna take a scenic route home through Sante Fe , Durango Colo. , up to Craig Colo and then amble my way back to Gillette. I miss my toys almost as much as Lizzie. Almost that is smile

Please give Tecumseh Valley a lot of listens, I would like to send a guitar track and have you do the lead vocal and I will try and do the backup similar to this,  Chase will do acoustic lead and Lance on Bass. I think it could be a really GOOD ONE !

Later, Wayne P

You didn't bring a guitar with you??? I know I didn't hear that right!  LOL!  Well, a very safe trip home is wished for you.  I would probably do the same... I've never seen Colorado and have always wanted to.  ENJOY!

I will save it to my favorites and listen every moment I have wink

I have a guitar with me, oh if I didn't this would have been a long trip. I am just missing all my gadgets at home and my family.
When you get a chance to try this song let me know what key is good for you and your voice and I will work on the pickin in the key of your choice smile

Later, Wayne P