Topic: 2 computers

I finally was able to get me a Laptop and was playing with it and decided to log in to Chordie using my usual information.It got me logged in but I can't access any songbooks. I would like to be able to stay informed while camping or traveling. What am I doing wrong? (The first one that says breathing is gonna get it!!) Thanks in advance,AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: 2 computers

Hello Deadstrings,
                         I also got a new laptop yesterday and set it up this morning. I just checked and I can get my songbooks with no problems. Maybe something amiss on your end.
Cheers
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

WEIRD!  I access Chordie from my cell phone and can view everything just fine, songbooks all in place. 

Hmmm... I looked into some stuff in your profile.  You do have this checked, "Save username and password between visits."  BUT, it looks like your ip address changes regularly.  I wonder if this is muffing something up.  Does that even work for you, or do you have to enter your username and password every time you come to chordie on the computer you usually use?  So, suggestion one, uncheck that and save.  Log out.  Log in on the laptop.

Next... did you ever make another username that was similar to this one?  Is it possible that you logged in on the other name?  Of course, if you posted this while on the laptop, then that question is out... but if you didn't, it makes me wonder if just maybe you were actually logged in under the wrong account?  I hate to even suggest it, because I feel like you probably already made sure you were logged in properly as you said you logged in "using my usual information" ... but hey... just to be sure ... try again with the laptop, check to see if your songbooks are there, and then come to the forum and update us on this thread.  I've accidentally been logged in under my son's username before and not realized it!  I've even posted under his username... then had to go back and delete it and repost as me.  It's a pain in the tush when he doesn't log out when he's done!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have a desktop and 2 laptops, in the last 12 months I have logged on to Chordie with all of them and at from at least 6 other PCs here in Portugal and in the UK, all with no problem. The problem is with your new laptop, the only thing I can suggest it the you make sure that Chordie is in your 'trusted sites' and that your firewall is not blocking your access.

Hope you get it fixed,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ok, It took me a while to get back here. We had a birthday party for 4 year old Grand daughter Alayna and then had to do the grocery shopping but I am happy to say I am on the laptop.
   As was suggested it was on my end. I had "cookies" dissabled so I  gave them more freedom and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help! AL

PS   Ugh ooooh! Just realized I need to download the spell check I have on the desktop!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Sometimes I think things are more complex than they need to be!  Glad the problem had a simple resolution!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.