Topic: Eternity Begun

For Amy, sorry it's so morbid....

Eternity Begun.                 Phill Williams.

13th August 2010

The well is not empty.
The water not sweet.
I bring words and emotions.
True, the meanings not deep.
I am struck by a sadness.
A chasm in my life.
A chamber of nothing.
A void filled with night.
A nightness of nothing but
Stifling dread.
Of loss...
Of a numbness.
Of a life never led.
Will this memory stay.
While it stays you still breathe.
The breath of immortal.
Of spirit roaming free.
Remain with me angel.
See the world through my eyes.
Feel life through my fingers.
Taste joy through my smiles.
For while you are with me.
You and I both are one.
Till that day that I join you.
My eternity begun.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Eternity Begun

Oh Phill!  This is beautiful!  Yes, it's sad but for all the right reasons with a glimmer of hope at the love felt and keeping the thought of a spirit alive!  I love it!  A few tears, and the thought that clearly you know loss yourself.  I know many (most... all will at some point) people have felt a loss in their lives, this one is like no other... I suppose in good ways as well as bad.  I really am honored and just... I guess I can't think of words to describe.  In this world where I walk around every day and feel that so many people misunderstand me, I feel at home here at Chordie.  THANK YOU so much for the poem, and even more, for giving me a place where I can say, "I'm really sad right now, and that is ok."  I am so sick and tired of pretending I am not because the people around me "don't get it" and don't "want" to see or know it.  THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  You have touched my heart (more tears!!!!! but good ones of feeling loved).

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi amy,

you don't get to my age with out knowing grief!

my holy trinity; my grandmother, mary-ellen (WRITTEN ABOUT SEVERAL TIMES), mabel (my mother) and dolly (my god-mother) 3 strong and loving women, all no longer with us, i miss them all and think about them as often as i can. i do believe that as long as you keep someone alive in your mind they may die but they never fade away....silly but that's how i feel.
my pillar now is ann my wife and my daughter gemma, they keep me grounded.
there are many others too, my father, my mate dai (david) and so many others, all passed. we will all meet again on the other side.

i haven't tried to put this to music yet....when i get time, i'll let you know.

phill

Phill Williams Sir,

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL

I also read this a while ago.. The words stayed with me for sometime i tell you..So much so,

I copied and sent to my niece who also buried a child some time ago..

She also loved it..

Hats off my friend to you.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi lena,

thank you for your kind words. mekidsmom inspired me to write this, but i used my own experiences of life and death in the content. i also had thoughts of you as i've noticed that you've had more than your fair share of grief in the last couple of years.

i've just completed a recording of this, which i'm reasonably happy with, and i'll post it asap.

i wrote it as a poem....but you know how things can change?

phill

I have now finished putting music and recording this poem. I have up-loaded it to my web, so if you'd like to have a listen, click on the tab to your left.

Phill

hi neil, your poems are great, but you should start your own thread, that way people will look at your work in it's own right and hopefully comment and give you tips.

if your not sure how to do that; at the top of the page is a button that says"start a new subject" click there and a dialog box will appear same as a comment box) enter your poem here. click submit (or preview if you'd like to check your work). your poem will then magically appear with your name to give you credit.

hope this helps. keep on with the writing

phill

hey buddy whats your problem? what your doing is concidered very RUDE as mentioned start your own topic and its not necessary to type in capital letters that is like shouting

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I have too second your emotions russell.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi friends.

it is with great regret that i've had to delete neil pineda's postings. after consultations with other moderators the general concensus is that he was hijacking the original post. i replied to neil in a polite way encouraging him to start his own thread, which he seems to have ignored! i hate having to do this as i believe that everyone's work is valid and worthy of display.

i will not ban neil on this instance, but hope he will conform to the rules and procedures as laid down in the regulations and take part in and add to chordie poem forum.

phill williams (moderator)

To: Moderator
Some poem I post is not intend to hijack or damage your group just to share what  I can?
More people will understand that all comes from point to line i hope all of you are best poet  and writer?
If no space and judge like to discriminate is fine?
Good poet  have good excellent color full and artistic mind?
Thanks for sending message and comment?
I will respect it all your you comments?
Poem is not bases how big tex capital letter you type?
But the content and feelings inside?

Respectfully!!!kansas_bhoy2@yahoo.com

Gods give you mind not to judge but to understand!!!!!

kansas_bhoy2 >>>>///\\\<<<.......................................................NEIL@UrSeRvIcE/ P?

Neil no one on Chordie including me objects to your sharing if you share it in your own topic but when you post your poems in someone else's topic that is called hijacking and there is no discrimination involved the same applies to all members, and with regards to capital letters in the text this is fine if its the first word or the start of a new line or a person the rules of grammar apply the same we hope you understand and feel free to create new topics at the top of the page on the right of the screen in any forum is a "Post new topic" just click on it and fill in the title of your topic and below the content and then post it good luck smile 

neil pineda wrote:

To: Moderator
Some poem I post is not intend to hijack or damage your group just to share what  I can?
More people will understand that all comes from point to line i hope all of you are best poet  and writer?
If no space and judge like to discriminate is fine?
Good poet  have good excellent color full and artistic mind?
Thanks for sending message and comment?
I will respect it all your you comments?
Poem is not bases how big tex capital letter you type?
But the content and feelings inside?

Respectfully!!!kansas_bhoy2@yahoo.com

Gods give you mind not to judge but to understand!!!!!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Niel, you sign yourself out with the word "respectfully", however you have shown no respect at all to Phill.

You were politely asked to post your poems in their own topic and you chose to pollute Phill's thread with three more poems of your own. You were also advised that writing in capital letters is the written equivalent of shouting and considered to be both rude and bad manners, this you also deliberately ignored.

Do you really want to be welcomed into Chordie and your work to receive acclaim on it's own merit? If so you need to mend your ways.

As to the quality of your work. I for one have not bothered to read any one of your poems and will not do so until your attitude changes.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hmmmmmm I missed this !

So Phil, whats the story now ? is the song recorded or what ?

Maybe ive missed it along the way here..i'll go back and check before my pc decides to go slow again.

Old Doll.

Old Doll... he did record this as a song... it's on his MySpace!  smile  It's just wonderful too!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi lena, hi amy, yep it's on myspace...click left.

by the way you can now have 25 songs on display and 100 songs stored on myspace (or your myspace!!!!) just up-date.

thanks for the thumbs up amy. trouble is i cant get out of my room now....my head's too big! lol

phill

Its a lovely recording Phil.

I very much enjoyed it. I also had another wee listen to Old Blues song. I always liked that song  sooo much.

I never know why it holds a feeling of nostalgia for me !

Both excellent !

Old Doll.

I wish i could write that well. Beautiful work Phill Williams