Topic: guitar recording

Hi

I would love to record my guitar but I do not have a clue where to start! Don't have much money, so what programmes are out there for free or cheap. I've looked at some and found them incredibly complicated.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks (hopefully) :-)

Re: guitar recording

Hi Gregory and welcome to Chordie,

Audacity is an easy to use programme and at a very good price of nothing smile. Russell Harding, one of the Moderators of this section has also some tutorials on using it so check out this thread where it was discussed before: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9397
The links for the software are in this thread.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi

Thanks, I'll check it out

Nice tip as i want to record my guitar playing too and did not know what to do.

***Moderator edit removed commercial link in the signature**

What's best to do some recording  singing and playing without the involvement of a computer. I haven't got anything to record with at the moment and would like some advice. I can't afford anything too expensive. Im just curious to know what me and my friend sound like. She sings while i play.

hopeful even without useing a computer you will still need a microphone unless you can find a inexpensive recorder that has a built in mic some music stores have used equipment also there is always someone selling ask at the local store around you they may be able to help or search online for recorders with built in mic's used for sale I will take a look and see what I can find smile 

hopeful wrote:

What's best to do some recording  singing and playing without the involvement of a computer. I haven't got anything to record with at the moment and would like some advice. I can't afford anything too expensive. Im just curious to know what me and my friend sound like. She sings while i play.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thank you Russell- harding, i have a couple of local shops in mind to try. Just going to try and get something basic and easy to use.

if you cant find anything theres always a webcam with a mic they sell for less then 40 dollars and there not to bad for what you need smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I use a Boss Digital recording studio that I bought from eBay for about £100. It allows you to multitrack, record vocals and has a built in drum machine as well. It's a top notch piece of kit if you want to record either electric, electro acoustic, bass guitars or vocals. What can I say, yes, I'm a gear whore!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Lots of cool tips, I am going to try the Boss D/R Studio, sounds about my price range. Have done vocals for quite some time, but am now working on my "bucket list", never sang in public, but have jammed with a bunch of people who have, and they all tell me I should, so might be interesting to find out how it sounds. By the way Jerry, I was born in Aylesbury, Buck's, now living in Ontartio, Canada, thanks for the tip, hope to talk again soon.