Topic: I'm off camping this weekend..

..and I'm taking my acoustic for the first time, the forecast is for a wet saturday so it's likely to be damp. Obviously i'll keep it out of the rain but any other tips?

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

Re: I'm off camping this weekend..

Just one.  Have yourself a good time and get everyone singing with you.  And have a beer for me, if you are so inclined.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

You can borrow me your guitar and I'll baby sit

cheers bensonp, and yes i suppose i am that way inclined. I'll crack one open for you, cheers.

cheers butch haha

A large trash bag works great! Just put the case and guit in the bag and tie the top to keep out any moisture during the rainy spells and you should be good to go..... Also try to keep her in the shade during the hot spells.. We camp a lot and I always carry mine smile

The trash bag tip is also great for shipping!  I put them in one before I send them off cause you never know what kind of weather they will have to endure or get left out in by the shipping handlers....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

An acoustic really sounds good outside. MHO
Have fun. We plan on camping as well. Kick back and kill the cell phones.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

If it gets hot, don't leave locked in the car with windows cracked as the glue comes undone on the saddle.  Loosen the strings if you think it'll get warm.

Lock it up someplace if you go hiking or away from camp,keep it dry and cool as possable.Most of all have a great time!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

This sounds like a really dangerious proposition.. the baby sitting offer still stands. I'll dress it and feed it and play with it. Can I call your guitar Sammy? I always liked Sammy for a guitar name. Mine are Dwight and Chet.

11 (edited by fatstrings 2010-08-13 01:48:53)

I've noticed when I play outdoors that I have to tune several times especially if we start in the afternoon and into the night. I guess the temp. change is the reason. That's my tip: carry your tuner and a fresh battery!!!!

Scott

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

I like the trash bag tip by Pix. I always have trash bags of the right size to cover all my P.A. speakers and board as well as my guitar in case of a sudden rain. My tuba can go ahead and get wet. If beer and slobber inside have no permanent effect, rain outside won't hurt unless it fills up full.
Fatstrings is so right. Temperature changes are primary to taking your guitar out of tune. My night club band once had a huge air conditioning outlet near the stage boresighted on our three guitars. Every time the A.C. cycled on we would pull sharp. This was in the days before silent tuning.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

tubatooter1940 wrote:

If beer inside has no permanent effect,

Never thought of it before, but I guess a Tuba could be used as one heck of a beer bong smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

So, where did you go and how'd you get on?

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hello Alvee,
Yeh great time thanks in Llangennith on the gower. 3 of us took guitars and we had a great time playing out in the open. No probs with the guitar, i didn't even have retune which surprised me.  Can't wait for next time in a few weeks.