Topic: My display worked this morning - not this afternoon.

Computers are annoying.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: My display worked this morning - not this afternoon.

I agree zurf,I have some stronger words but I can not use them here,I have almost thrownmine out the window at least once a week.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The backlight in my LCD monitor burned out a few weeks ago. Got a new 21" for a little more than $100 - I think the old 17" cost $250+ when I bought it. I've still got the old one in thoughts of replacing the lamp, but I would really miss the additional real estate.

If you've got a spare monitor - or can borrow one, check that first by swapping it. If that monitor doesn't work, it is likely your video card. I had one of them blow a couple years ago also, cost about $50 for a new card, simple plug in installation.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

It's on my laptop.  I used to run a service center, so I know about testing.  Once I get an estimate, I may have to think about whether I'd just run an external monitor and use it as a desktop or whether portability is really important to me. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Back in the early 80's when our company started making all of us use computers to keep records, etc, an older co-worker taught me why the arrow on the screen was called a curser.................. Whew! Talk about a stream of profanity..................:)

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I keep an old CRT around just for those times.
It may be large and heavy and totally ruin my guitar sound when it's on...but it's reliable.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle