Topic: Tribute to our soldiers

topdowns 911 tribute prompted me to share this with you.  It is the best soldier tribute I have seen and deserves to be shared with everyone.  If it don't bring a lump to your throat, I don't know what will.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=KTb6qdPu8JE

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Re: Tribute to our soldiers

Thanks Pete.That  did indeed bring a lump to my throat. As the father of a soldier who served two tours in Iraq and now is deployed to Afghanistan and having served myself (Shortly after we pulled out of Nam) I appreciate the love and respect that you and other people show towards our troops. If you or anybody else wants to show your appreciation to our troops now, contact your elected officials and get an address where you can send some needed items to our guys and girls in Afghanistan. Most of those deployed there now have no access to a P.X. (that's a type of store for those who don't know). A big thing on my son's list is hard candy,which they hand out to village children. This serves two purposes. One it develops a bond between the villagers and the troops and two it actually helps them in gathering information as to enemy movements. Other items needed are -tobacco products-lighters-snack and other food items - magazines and newspapers and baby wipes(often this is the only way they have to maintain hygiene ) Thanks again

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

My dad was in the military and I also.  We have to get the word out about soldiers.  Too many take them for granted.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

4 (edited by Buzzwagon 2010-09-12 19:45:37)

I'm a biker and this year in the UK we had a run through the town of Wootton Bassett which is where fallen British troops are repatriated. There were in excess of 10,000 bikes and 15,000 bikers turned up to pay their respects to our troops. Many bikes carried US flags as well as British flags, everybody payed £5 to ride and T shirts promoting the event were sold.

All in all the bikers that attended the event raised in excess of £100,000 for the Afghan Heroes charity which helps the families of killed and severely injured troops fighting in Afghanistan. I can tell you, there wasn't a dry eye in the house, probably the most emotional event Mrs Buzzwagon and I have ever attended.

There was outcry in the press when the run was announced, you know the usual stuff. Bikers are hooligans, they'll ruin Wootton Bassett, the people of Wootton Bassett don't want them there. Well the upshot was that the people of Wootton Bassett came out that day and rather than standing with heads bowed while another coffin makes its way through the town, stood on the pavements of the town all day, at points up to 10 deep and cheered and clapped every biker that rode that day. The mayor came to the dispersal point and waved everybody off and after the event asked if we could make it an annual event. How good is that?

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Very touching video - I have 2 family members over in Afghanistan and you cant help but worry about them.

A Canadian artist recorded this for  Remembrance day a very touching song...

-------------------------------------------------------------
On November 11, 1999 Terry Kelly was in a Shoppers Drug Mart store in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. At 10:55 AM an announcement came over the store's PA asking customers who would still be on the premises at 11:00 AM to give two minutes of silence in respect to the veterans who have sacrificed so much for us.

Terry was impressed with the store's leadership role in adopting the Legion's "two minutes of silence" initiative. He felt that the store's contribution of educating the public to the importance of remembering was commendable.

When eleven o'clock arrived on that day, an announcement was again made asking for the "two minutes of silence" to commence. All customers, with the exception of a man who was accompanied by his young child, showed their respect.

Terry's anger towards the father for trying to engage the store's clerk in conversation and for setting a bad example for his child was later channeled into a beautiful piece of work called, "A Pittance of Time".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5r-Ty5O1Q