1 (edited by resprod 2010-09-16 16:08:27)

Topic: Washburn D12CSE year?

Is there a way to figure out what year a guitar model was made?  I bought my Washburn used but was curious on finding out more about it.  I tried the Washburn site but not really any help.

1991 Washburn D12CE/N
2006 Taylor 412ce

"What I want is songs that echo. The stuff we're doing now is like somebody's bedsheets; spread 'em out, soil 'em, ship 'em out to laundry, you know? But our songs...I want us to be able to fold ourselves up in them forever...understand?  Words and music."

2 (edited by bolleauxp 2010-09-16 16:37:36)

Re: Washburn D12CSE year?

The Washburn site is usually very good if you have the serial number of your guitar.  The first 2 digits of the serial number denote the year of manufacture.  Once you have that you can select the year and find out all kinds of info about your model such as materials, scale length, dimensions etc.  Try here http://www.washburn.com/about-us/custom … hives.html

Good luck

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

There should be a sticker or plate inside the guitar with at least the serial number and maybe where it was made.  Of course, it may have come off years ago.  But that site bolleauxp gave you looks like a great place to start.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thank you for the link.  When I first looked at Wasburn's site, I could not find this.  Actually the whole site looks different; wonder where I was looking :-p  I will have to search again for a sticker or plat somewhere.  It wouldn't make sense but it might be in an area that is hard to see without feeling around a little inside.  Although to be honest I thought it might have been stamped on the wood bracing.  If all else fails I can try piecing it together via all the components.  Thank you both.

1991 Washburn D12CE/N
2006 Taylor 412ce

"What I want is songs that echo. The stuff we're doing now is like somebody's bedsheets; spread 'em out, soil 'em, ship 'em out to laundry, you know? But our songs...I want us to be able to fold ourselves up in them forever...understand?  Words and music."

Thanks for the information and site.  Found what I needed.  I have a 1991 model.  Almost time for my guitar to drink legally.

1991 Washburn D12CE/N
2006 Taylor 412ce