Topic: Steven Tyler - C'mon Man

You were / are the frontman in one of the best Rock bands of all time (Aerosmith). I could overlook "Janie's Got a Gun", and "Love in an Elevator" figuring that after wasting all your dough on heroin, the guys needed to cash in. Even with those crap pop hits, Steven, Joe and the boys still rocked it live well through 90's and even the early 2000's.

But American Idol... C'mon Man!! - Steven, my buddy my friend -  you are a rock and roll icon - amongst the best of the best rock vocalists ever and the best that ever tossed a scarf around a mike stand. Now you are gonna replace the musical wanna bees that were Paula Abdul and Simon what's his name? C'mon man sad

This feels like Emmit Smith playing with the Arizona Cardinals. Montana with the Chiefs. Don't do it... C'mon Man!!

You were a hero... don't do it... please.. I'm begging you... C'mon Man!!!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Steven Tyler - C'mon Man

its true you should have seen him in a movie with John Travolta peeeuuuu reeeek

"Growing old is not for sissies"

C'mon man

one caper after another

He doesn't have his wits about him, the old fool fell of the stage at the Buffalo Chip in Sturgis last year and just about killed himself

Later, Wayne P

Say it ain't so!

C'mon Man  There's a song it that saying somewhere

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Montana played really well for the Chiefs, I was at the games in Kansas City.  Now that I think about it, it was several second half comebacks led by Dave Craig that got em to the playoffs during the Montana years.  What has Tyler done that is musically relevant in last twenty years?  Let's hope he doesn't have to suddenly cancel his appearance.

AdmChesterMynutz wrote:

What has Tyler done that is musically relevant in last twenty years?

Dude - I was working up a detailed reply to this, but I realized it wasn't worth the effort.

What Tyler has done is influenced every single Rock vocalist for the past 30 + years and every single vocalist that will come after him. All others are copies of the greats that have come before them. Steven Tyler was one of the greats.

AdmChesterMynutz wrote:

Montana played really well for the Chiefs, I was at the games in Kansas City.  Now that I think about it, it was several second half comebacks led by Dave Craig that got em to the playoffs during the Montana years.  What has Tyler done that is musically relevant in last twenty years?  Let's hope he doesn't have to suddenly cancel his appearance.

C'mon Man!

cameronkl7 wrote:

C'mon Man!

LOL - C'Mon Man!! thats right

This feels like Emmit Smith playing with the Arizona Cardinals. Montana with the Chiefs. Don't do it... C'mon Man

Or Robert Plant doing videos with Alison Kraus , dancing around her, shaking his hair , maybe 40 yrs ago......

C'mon Man

Later, Wayne P

Tyler is getting up in years. His gig as a lead singer is very strenuous. I don't have a problem with him trying to make an easy buck.
Heroin ain't cheap ya know.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Bad move Steve!!!!!!!

What are the boys in the band gonna' do? I think there are a couple of singers from van Halen around.

I really thought he would have made enough money doing Waynestock a few years back to make sure he didn't have to sell himself doing naff TV shows.  Sorry guys.
What I'd like to know is why he would want to be associated with a programme that wouldn't know rock and roll if it hit them between the eyes.  Saying that might this mean that Mr Tyler gets to encourage the producers and other judges to give a good rock band a chance on TV - that would be a novelty.

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

I agree with bolleau. Maybe a real rockstar can bring something to the table that the show lacks. It is based on popularity because America votes for each person, but maybe, just maybe, Tyler will be able to make it a real talent based show.

On another note, I remember John Mellencamp (one of my favs) in an interview when Chevy trucks used one of his songs. He said that as an aging artist popular radio won't play his music. So he has to use other ways to get his music out in the public ear. I agree that Aerosmith is one of the greatest of all time, but does there new music get played to the masses? I think not. Maybe Tyler sees this as a way to keep on keepin' on.

On another another note, Maybe Tyler sees that music just needs a kick in the pants to keep it's evolution going. If he can have a hand in what's up and coming he can make a difference. Mentoring and inspiring new rock stars with what has made him such a successful rocker.

I say, if it works for you, makes you happy, helps others, and works for the greater good, then go for it.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all for the payday. Offer most people enough money and watch their standards drop right off the chart

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

I agree with bswyers, most people will drop their standards if the price is right, it's all about that dollar, I just question whay Idol  and the music industry in general try to put out there and call it rock and roll, cause in my opinion it ain't rock and roll. Idol just use's these kids to make a quick buck, very few of them have actually made it big, they for the most part don't last. The music industry dosen't give artists enought time to develop, they give them their songs and thats what they must sing to be signed, they make their quick buck and move to the next person and the music now is mostly targeted to the 14 yr olds

Cam

Around here we Call it Karaoke smile

Later, Wayne P

I'm also available and I'll do it cheep. Steve give me a call dude.

In the words of Paul Harvey "And now The Rest Of The Story"

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr … dol_judges

My standards are for sale, half off.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]