126 (edited by dino48 2015-03-19 01:06:28)

Re: Your Weather

mekidsmom wrote:
dino48 wrote:

We need snow here and you need sunshine,something is wrong.

I propose a HOUSE SWAP!  big_smile  We have more water available than you can imagine!  Once all this snow finally does melt, my back yard will almost be a pond for a few months due to a spring fed well running through it that isn't draining anywhere (except clearly my backyard).  We've got a lake nearby as well that might just flood over the next month as well.  You'll have plenty of water!  I'll gladly take the sunshine off your hands and go by the old rules "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down".  I swear, I can do it!   

It is strange though isn't it?  I can't ever recall any serious drought like conditions in NY and we worry about flooding every year from snow melt, but it's an ongoing issue in CA.  I remember being there last year and the people being so excited for a little sprinkle of rain and feeling so out of place for the water I take for granted (and complaining because I wanted the sunshine CA's known for - dumb tourist LOL).

Amy all that snow in front of T.F.'s house scared me too much thanks for the offer,you and familyl are always welcome too come and stay at my home I have two extra bedrooms andI am a Microwave Chef!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

127 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-03-20 11:38:47)

First day of spring. roll

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B%3A3%3A%3Enu%3D4%3A64%3E6%3B%3B%3E234%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3C3554%3A%3C9349nu0mrj

OK. It came out rather small. In case you can't read it, that first day of spring says 2"-6" of snow.

unclejoesband wrote:

First day of spring. roll

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7 … 9349nu0mrj

OK. It came out rather small. In case you can't read it, that first day of spring says 2"-6" of snow.

Bummer,I just mowed my lawns and sprayed for weeds and insects. I am going too be sore later and it will be close to 80 degrees.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Rain.

nela

130 (edited by dino48 2015-03-21 18:22:07)

NELA wrote:

Rain.

nela

WE will take on all we can out here and snow. The governer is talking about more none watering and less taking of showers or real short showers here.

Everywhere I've driven this week, there have been payloaders and dump trucks at work, moving huge mounds of snow and dumping it off of wharves, into ravines ... wherever they can stow it. Most small towns in Nova Scotia now have one-lane streets, if they're even open. February set new snowfall records for the Province, and we've already exceeded the previous records for March with a week-and-a-half to go. Compounding the problem is that we've had virtually no melting days in between the storms, so it's just kept piling up. I'm a 57-year resident of this Province, and can honestly say I've never seen anything comparable to this here.

That said, if we can find an economical way to move all of this to California, there's easily enough snow here in Atlantic Canada to completely end your water concerns. We need Mr. Scott to get that transporter back on line!

T.F. we need exactly what you have and you need exactly what we have,and we are about too set new heat records here for this month. I agree scotty where are you!!

Wow TF, I can't imagine dealing with that much snow.  You seem to have a good attitude about the situation though.

Snow is gone now in my area, but the melt has pushed up the level on a lot of our local streams.  Air temp reached 50 today so I couldn't help but do a float with one of my paddling/fishing buddies. Water temp was 39 so the smallmouths were lock-jawed but it was still nice to get out on the water.  Normally, 50 would seem like a heat wave this time of year but after a week in Florida for Chordiestock, it seemed pretty chilly. wink

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

WOW... The wind blew all nite long,  there is a 15 foot snow drift at the end of my driveway,, no work for me today,,  oh wait there's a shovel.   snow blower on the mend...    just another Nova Scotia winter,,,  wait another coffee first....

Have a great day Chordie..

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

Nothing but rain and in between unseasonably warm weather until today. The sun's out --finally. Sorry that you, my friends, are still having a tough time with the weather, but it won't be long till we're al singing the same song. smile

(There's a tune in there, I think!)

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

badeye wrote:

WOW... The wind blew all nite long,  there is a 15 foot snow drift at the end of my driveway,, no work for me today,,  oh wait there's a shovel.   snow blower on the mend...    just another Nova Scotia winter,,,  wait another coffee first....

Badeye   cool

Quite a night, wasn't it?

This was now my 11th day this quarter that  I couldn't get out to work. I get paid by commission (which I most certainly prefer!) but this winter has made some weeks quite lean.

badeye wrote:

Badeye   cool

I do that too badeye just when I think I am done I will spot something I need too do. The weeds have grown up again so I am back too work on them.

This'll give you fits!

For those that don't know, Halifax is the capital city of Nova Scotia, and the road crews have been stretched thin trying to cope with two successive months of record snowfalls. Someone put captions on this video, and it's an absolute hoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEAAajFZXzs

TF the crew one is hillarious.

Well winter returned overnight. Down to 19F with snow showers and a brisk 15-20mph breeze. High today and tomorrow in the low 30's.

unclejoesband wrote:

Well winter returned overnight. Down to 19F with snow showers and a brisk 15-20mph breeze. High today and tomorrow in the low 30's.

ugb  that stinks I have been outside sweating working on my yards today it is 84 now and I had too come in. Wish we could trade weather for a couple of weeks. They have already stopped us from watering another day,now we can only water two times a week.

Another round of rain/snow mix this morning. Rain/Snow in the south and 2"-5" of snow in the mountains to the north of us.

So much for winter relinquishing it's icy grip. roll

143 (edited by dino48 2015-03-31 18:05:52)

ujb that's unreal we have been breaking heat records for this time of the year.

OK. I'm thinking winter is finally gone. Three consecutive days of mid 70's with nice mild 50's overnight.

Had a couple guys over yesterday and sat out on the patio and played all afternoon. Sooooo glad to be done with snow.

I kinda let this thread get lost.

I know you folks out west don't want to hear this but........This past week has been completely overcast with rain off and on giving us around 3". Yesterday afternoon the clouds finally started breaking up and we had a peek at some kind of big yellow orb in the sky.

Today is bright sunshine with a high of 78F. A beautiful day for backyard pickin'. smile

Got some weeding to do, painting some targets, clean out a shed...I'm glad the rain is finally gone, but this Sunday is not going to be a day of rest.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It rained here in northern Utah every day during the month of May. That is very unusual for this area.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

The weather has been nice, great for hanging out in the yards and relaxing. All my berry patches are growing with a few ripening early, tomato plants are doing well. I've got a couple tomato plants growing from seeds that my neighbor has kept going for 25 years. The cows got out but did no harm other than depositing fertilizer in the yard.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

unclejoesband wrote:

I kinda let this thread get lost.

I know you folks out west don't want to hear this but........This past week has been completely overcast with rain off and on giving us around 3". Yesterday afternoon the clouds finally started breaking up and we had a peek at some kind of big yellow orb in the sky.

Today is bright sunshine with a high of 78F. A beautiful day for backyard pickin'. smile

we will be around 100 today and over that tomarrow. I guess I deserve the payback from some of the people out there. Please send water!!!

Sunny and hovering around 56-58C  (pushing 90F) and no relief for the next 3 days...... Must be about Summer-time!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare