Re: SPECIAL TREAT!

Thank you Roger for the nice words, I can only say lots of practice and the blessings from above and at this point in the recording project at traxx the owner has taken on the resposibility of providing the backup help and publishing of my composistions.In the control room the owner the recording engineer and myself collaborate before,durring and after each take and assess the results and if corrections are needed I redo them by punching in just before the section that needs correction and I hope there is a lady singer comming some of the harmonies are wearing my voice out with the repeated recording over but thats the only way to get it right and thanks again for the comments smile 

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Russ,

It is a pleasure to watch your fingers flow over the fretboard so effortlessly, but what has happened to the beautiful lady backing singer?? She too would be a pleasure to watch wink.

Roger

"Growing old is not for sissies"

lol sure looks like mission control dont it? we should have this song done next week and move on to the next song on the list,I'm not sure what "good books" your referring to Kenny but I never forget my friends smile 

KAP54 wrote:

Looks like you had a good time at Cape Canaveral Russ. smile
Progressing as planned. Good Stuff.
P.S. Don't forget your camcorder for the backup singer.Keep Roger in your good books(me to lol)
Kenny

to update my session I will be returning Saturday to add the final tracks with a real drummer "yippee" so it should be a great time smile

Have a blast with it Russ. smile
Looking forwards to listening to the finished work.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Saturday I redid the lead guitar parts for "another day" and I was able to finish the tracks in less then an hour I chose to use the pro tools plugins and they plugged me into the board I was amazed at all the effects and different amplifier sounds this board had,I selected a clean sound to start with because once the notes are recorded the effects can be added later. some other good news the party I went to was a blast,food drink and friends and the keyboard player who played on the session brought a karaoke machine and there were several rooms filled with music from musicians jammin to there wives singing on the karaoke machine and I asked them if they would play as a band on my sessions and they would have to do it free,I was pleasantly surprised when all of them agreed so it looks like I have a band to work with on my songs and all of them are really good musicians so I'm looking forward to the next session,I will use yousendit to upload the songs and they will email the persons I provide addresses for that a mp3 is ready to pickup and hold it for seven days....keep ya posted smile

I will be back in the studio next Thursday the 15th and transfer the data (22songs from my BR-8) to the pro tools board,when I have a few moments I will bring up the Chordie CD project and see if they are willing to help with mastering and promotion for this charitable cause and if not theres other avenues to explore for help, stay tunned smile

well old man winter put a damper on my session the temps will be around -25 below zero with a wind chill over -45 so I am rescheduling keep you posted smile 

Russell_Harding wrote:

I will be back in the studio next Thursday the 15th and transfer the data (22songs from my BR-8) to the pro tools board,when I have a few moments I will bring up the Chordie CD project and see if they are willing to help with mastering and promotion for this charitable cause and if not there's other avenues to explore for help, stay tuned smile

Good idea rescheduling in such weather...

Just a thought though... if you have a stack of CDs at -25F, and you drop them on the pavement... do they shatter like glass? LOL

Keep indoors warm and comfortable.... just to make you feel better I'm sending some of our weather your way.  Sat out in the front lawn and played guitar in the sunshine today... in shorts and T-shirt!  Darn near got sunstroked.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

warm and comfy eh go ahead and rub it in lol the only place I get to wear shorts and a T shirt is when I get up and have my coffee unless its summer we are coming out of the deep freeze and the temps will be near 30 Above I would think if you drop a stack of Cd's at that temperature they would be brittle and shatter but I'm not going to drop my Cd's unless someone gives me some Barry Manilow songs lol got a guy coming tomorrow to fix my vista glad I got this old standby xp, its warming up so it looks like I can get some more recording time in smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Good idea rescheduling in such weather...

Just a thought though... if you have a stack of CDs at -25F, and you drop them on the pavement... do they shatter like glass? LOL

Keep indoors warm and comfortable.... just to make you feel better I'm sending some of our weather your way.  Sat out in the front lawn and played guitar in the sunshine today... in shorts and T-shirt!  Darn near got sunstroked.

Take Care;
Doug

looks like tommorow the 27th at 7pm cst im transfering all my zip disk data tracks to there pro tools board,I took all the effects off and panned all the tracks center so any effects can be added once all the tracks are loaded but I will be adding vocals useing there studio microphonesa and adding solo guitar tracks and keyboards this will save a lot of time and money (mine) what re-recording I have to go will be minimal as far as these songs and then on to some newer material ive already composed busy busy I love it smile