Topic: SPECIAL TREAT!

I have made arrangements with owner of TRAXX RECORDING to film a video of the recording booth and interview the engineers and give everyone a peek at state of the art recording equipment and the inside on how all the gizmos and doodads work, and maybe record a song while im there! so stay tuned fellow "rechordians" for this exclusive smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: SPECIAL TREAT!

That would be interesting to see..

Randy I just got off the phone with him and we are setting a date tomorrow,I will be recording the song "Betrayal" and film the actual recording session and the mix down so I will be making several videos and joining them into one after I edit them, and I will get a copy of the song and we can compare it with what I did and see how much difference there is between my home studio and the best recording equipment on the planet (I'm sure there result will be superior to mine) and I intend to record all my new songs there for the next CD they also have a graphics department for cover designs,its a good thing he is a lifelong friend because my wallet ain't thick enough to handle his regular rates smile 

riddler wrote:

That would be interesting to see..

The recording date is set for September 4Th at 7pm and I will bring only my acoustic and mandolin (plus my video equipment) they have several synthethizers in the studio that im free to use for adding strings or woodwinds tracks I will get there much earlier to setup and video tape the control room and interview the engineers smile

Just thought you might like a peek at the recording studio I will be recording and videotaping in,you can take the tour by clicking on "take the tour of the studios" the reference to "in memory of bear was my friends german shepard dog but check it out when you get a moment

http://www.trax52recording.com/index.htm

Wow Russ,

I am green with envy. Would you like a session musician for the day at no charge? Mind you it is a fairly long trip from Portugal so perhaps I will just have to wait for the video.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger,

If you will recall from one of Russell's earlier videos, there were slides interposed professing that he was not only single... but independently wealthy! 

I'm sure he could dispatch a small jet (from his fleet) to transport you to and from.  Providing your passport is in order, of course.
I've heard that Homeland Security is on the alert for guitar toting terrorists that may try to infiltrate the Country via Portugal!

No worries though, the accommodations at Guantanamo Bay are exceptional I hear. LOL

Take Care; Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Roger I wish I could have all my friends for support maybe someday i can but till then I will have to settle for videotaping, I'm not nervous about it (recording) Ive done a lot of session work over the years and I feel relaxed in that environment I just hope my voice stays in good shape i'm looking forward to this and I will be prepared and ready smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

Wow Russ,

I am green with envy. Would you like a session musician for the day at no charge? Mind you it is a fairly long trip from Portugal so perhaps I will just have to wait for the video.

Roger

Yes Doug i always knew I would be able to live the  life of luxury on a fixed  social security income at least before I saw my first check and received my pittance lol

Doug_Smith wrote:

Hi Roger,

If you will recall from one of Russell's earlier videos, there were slides interposed professing that he was not only single... but independently wealthy! 

I'm sure he could dispatch a small jet (from his fleet) to transport you to and from.  Providing your passport is in order, of course.
I've heard that Homeland Security is on the alert for guitar toting terrorists that may try to infiltrate the Country via Portugal!

No worries though, the accommodations at Guantanamo Bay are exceptional I hear. LOL

Take Care; Doug

10 (edited by Doug_Smith 2008-09-02 05:16:04)

Have a good time at the Studio Thursday Russ, we're looking forward to seeing the results and hearing how much difference there is between what can be done at home and what the "pros" put out.

Sorry Roger, I spoke to Russ yesterday and he informs me that his plane has been red-tagged by the FAA for having too many tears in the wing linen.  It can be darned difficult to find a qualified Spad repairman here in the "colonies".

Take Care All;  Doug

P.S. I had to edit this because somehow I got it stuck in my head that Russell was in the Studio on Tuesday.... must be that old age thing again!

lol you guys!

Iwill be editing the video I shot of the recording session and upload the results as soon as I rest up a bit the session went 3 hrs and I recorded 7 separate tracks the session went great smile

The recording session videos are uploaded and listed under my recording session there are two videos the first is a tour of the studio and a interview with the engineer and the second is the first track with all the other tracks added because of the time I was not able to videotape all the vocal,mandolin and bass tracks I recorded along with the other acustic track and the mixdown but I hope you enjoy what I did have time for I am uploading the new recording of "Betrayal" from traxx 52 to myspace smile

I sure would like to push those buttons...im only 79000.00 bucks away from it...that was cool russ...

Right Arm Russell smile
Looks like you had a blast.I'm not one for fair rides but that console was making me dizzy watching it.
Excellent work done on "Betrayal"
You gotta be a Neil Young fan smile

Well Done Again Young Fella.
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Yea you ain't the only one lol there was another video clip that must have been deleted accidentally it showed the humungous screen that projects the tracks like audacity but with more gizmos and an odd thing when he gave me a copy of the song after the session I went home and ripped it to media player it was a wav format and a whopping 32 megabytes! and I didnt find that out till I tried to upload it to myspace and the file was to big to load so I had to improvise I played it on my tascam and fed it to my br-8 and sent it in to audacity and converted it  to mp3 but the quality suffered so I decided to open the 32 megabyte file I ripped from the original cd with audacity and export it as a mp3 and thats what I have on myspace all in all it was a great night eccept for the storm on the way home. there is a video clip of a mistake I made when recording but its in my private files as there was some very strong language I uttered after making it I did give a copy to doug hope he covered his wifes ears and there were no kids around lol

riddler wrote:

I sure would like to push those buttons...I'm only 79000.00 bucks away from it...that was cool russ...

thanks ken most of it went smooth and I will record an entire cd there because I feel it is really a good opportunity "crazy stuff that console had a mind of its own and yes I am a neil young fan and the eagles to smile

KAP54 wrote:

Right Arm Russell smile
Looks like you had a blast.I'm not one for fair rides but that console was making me dizzy watching it.
Excellent work done on "Betrayal"
You gotta be a Neil Young fan smile

Well Done Again Young Fella.
Kap

ohhh....if doug has a copy....itll be on youtube about.......now.....lol...joking....come on doug...lets see the other side of this mild mannered musician....lol

19 (edited by Doug_Smith 2008-09-06 01:20:22)

Hi everybody!

Yes I did get to see Russell's goof!  Notice how it always happens at the last couple of bars of the take?!?  NEVER at the beginning!

I'm thinking we find that guy "Murphy" and heat up a bucket of tar!  Seriously though, I didn't detect a the slightest hint of "longshoreman" in Russell.... heck Janet stubbed her toe the other night and I had to open all the doors to let the blue smoke out!

It weren't nuthin Russell!  But safely tucked away with all my other "blackmail" material!  By the way nice job on the video and the finished recording!

I did post a new topic, you might give it a read if you get a wild one...

Those of you who are battening down the hatches.... we're thinking of ya!

Take Care;  Doug

Great video Russell, I'm blown away with all the equipment on the video....If I could only get my keyboard on my laptop to light up like that while recording I'd be set....lol. lol

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Doug if you give a copy of my "tiny little" boo boo I don't want to know about it lol
Scott it was a blast! thanks smile
Randy this was one of the first mistakes ive ever made lol I'll never make another(if you believe that I have some land in the Florida swamplands I can sell you cheap!) but I better get going and upload the file so im off for a bit smile

The file is uploaded as MP3 COPY OF WAV smile

For all you "inquiring minds" out there.

I talked to Russell, and he has kindly consented to sending a copy of his original "home-made" MP3 to his mediafire account, so we can listen to the Traxx version and the original for comparison.

Thank You Russell!      www.mediafire.com/russellharding

Take Care;  Doug

you are very welcome smile

Russ
Very interesting video.
Thanks for taking the time....
I can see why the guy would need to go to college to run a system like that now if they only had courses like that when I was a School.  smile
Ark