This is a poem I wrote which I will let the reader interpret it whatever way they want it to mean.
Beat Of The Axe.
The language I lost to changed meanings.
Left in another time by those older than me.
Sometimes I catch little bits that I understand.
A beat of the axe comes from near as a once beautiful tree is split.
No longer together it is thrown into the fire.
All that remains is ashes.
In my memory it's strength is clear.
Vivid pictures unseen.
Connecting only to those who have passed down the same track.
Words expressed but not fully understood.
Twisted by listeners' ears.
Only my mother's and father's words are now fully understood by their generation.
Maybe another generation after I am gone will bring them back.
Maybe the forest will grow again.
Or will the axe just stop.
2,751 2016-07-10 02:33:26
Topic: Beat Of The Axe (8 replies, posted in Poems)
2,752 2016-07-05 08:26:52
Re: July 2016 Featured Song - Wagon Wheel & Down on the Corner (70 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
I love it when a band not only does a cover not only with unique style but also makes it their own. The band did both. Fantastic Grah1 entertaining and done with flare.
2,753 2016-07-03 01:08:43
Re: football (soccer) (10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Two great teams Iceland and Wales. Both teams victories so far have got me interestested in the football. Usually I follow Rugby. Here in NZ people like me love meeting up with the Welsh suporters when they come over here. Wellington has a Welsh Pub known as The Welsh Dragon where many of our local Welsh will stop in for a drink.
2,754 2016-07-03 00:34:25
Re: July 2016 Featured Song - Wagon Wheel & Down on the Corner (70 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Hey glad to see you are keep this going a couple of good songs there. Roger it would be nice to hear your version of Knocking On Heavens Door on soundcloud even though it is not chosen as this months. Here is a couple of lyrics based on the song Ten Guitars by Englebert Humperdink, about chordians
I have a band of Chordians who play songs for me.
People come from all around the world to hear them play melodies.
Beneath the stars my chordians will play a song for you.
If your with the one you love.You can dance, dance to my chordians.
And very soon you just wont know where you are.
Very soon you will see a thousand stars.
When you dance, dance to my Chordians.
This is what you do.
Music is made for love my Chordians will say to you.
When you dance, dance to my chordians.
Come on everybody dance, dance to my chordians.
2,755 2016-07-02 01:04:24
Re: Happy Canada Day! (8 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Greetings and Happy Canada Day too you. You certainly come from a very diverse and interesting country. My sister back in 1965 went to Vancouver planning for a short visit and fell in love with Canada forgetting to leave. It has been her home country ever since way back then.
2,756 2016-06-16 05:08:08
Re: Sneaky Slim (1st Rehearsal in new studio) (14 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Nice playing and I like the way you have balanced out the instruments perfectly on the recording.
2,757 2016-06-16 04:55:14
Re: who did i kill (7 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Your fictional character felt real. Your story came through in a powerful, way an excellent piece of songwriting.
2,758 2016-06-14 06:46:09
Re: Garden Birds video/music. (9 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Nice those images nicely photographed. Instruments balanced in a gentle flowing subtle way. A very relaxing watch and listen.. Took me back to a couple of English summers I experienced years back. Another garden creature I use enjoy watching was the Squirrels that use to run around on the branches of a large Oak Tree outside our Kitchen Window while living over in Richmond Surrey.
2,759 2016-06-14 04:52:22
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Not only great to hear your excellent vocals but I also dig your guitar and harmonica playing.
2,760 2016-06-12 01:58:33
Re: Suggestions: JULY 2016 Song of the Month (25 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Knocking On Heavens Door. Sounds like a good song to tackle not too many lyrics great chorus and one many Chordians could do. Great sugestion Roger.
2,761 2016-06-11 22:21:54
Re: GREAT News For A Change!!! (17 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
So glad to hear you have found the light at the end of the tunnel after what you have been through in recent times. I love the way you two have a love that shines so bright and strong. You are proof of love will conquer all.
Thank you for your Sunshine.
Love to you both.
Pete and Maree
2,762 2016-06-10 07:07:15
Re: Police Dog Blues (uke version) (4 replies, posted in My local band and me)
I like that arrangement the UKE works perfectly.
2,763 2016-06-10 07:00:44
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Jandle you made it your own and it worked out real good.
2,764 2016-06-09 08:10:42
Re: Cloak of invisibility (12 replies, posted in Songwriting)
One thing I have noticed about age is it is easier to not want to be part of the modern world. Younger people are more conected by technology where I tend to keep its use to a minimum. Another thing I notice some people seem sometimes to assume once you get past 60 you start to become incapable. As a result some older people get deprived the opportunity to be part of what younger people are doing. So the older people become invisable. Lukily for me even though Im in my 60s I still havent figured out what I am going to do when I grow up. Good observational lyrics Grah.
2,765 2016-06-09 07:52:42
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Jim that is a clever way of adding your special creativity. I wonder if Neil ever thought about a sequel to After The Gold Rush.
2,766 2016-06-06 21:37:23
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
I agree with Grah another two very good original covers. I like the way everyone so far has put thier own stamp on it.
2,767 2016-06-06 07:11:02
Re: Still Around...... (8 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Hello Bill
Love you and Dondra. When you are not around Chordie feels a bit empty.
Pete and Maree
2,768 2016-06-04 23:02:36
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Love the way Joe, you made it your own, capturing all the, good elements of the original but not straight out copying . Magic performance.
2,769 2016-06-03 23:34:20
Re: Looking for the chords to.. "I Have Loved Me A Man" by Allison Durbin. (3 replies, posted in Song requests)
That is a clever piece of technology Amy. Jandle I can imagine you making a good cover of Ali's song. Sadly Ali's life has been messed up through Heroin addiction.
2,770 2016-06-03 23:29:19
Re: Artists lack of belief (2 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Interesting song when tackling life we all at times have a bit of self doubt. The sad thing about a lot of artists is they try to be popular rather than being true to thermselves.
Once again you have displayed depth and substance through your music.
2,771 2016-06-03 23:20:56
Re: Country Singer Blues - Revisited by Kim and the Gang :) (11 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Good one Kim reminiscent of how I imagine Santana would approach Jims song.
2,772 2016-06-03 23:07:08
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Wow Rick and Graham you guys got it going on with your versions of After The Goldrush. Once again thank you to all of those who have taken the time to listen to my attempt.
2,773 2016-06-02 07:16:42
Re: Powerfest York 2016 (2 replies, posted in My local band and me)
POLY KALA very good loved it a wonderful raunchy sound.
2,774 2016-06-02 06:00:09
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Manually with help on recording instruments by sound engineer.
2,775 2016-06-02 05:34:22
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Thank you for having a listen and the feed back. I did the backing as single tracks with borrowed instruments with the help of my visiting friend from India, Yogesh and his work, microphones and other tricks. With the vocals I just recorded that with a cell phone no mike. My aim is to try to keep things raw as possible and aviod using technology. Also that way it covers up my poor singing voice. So its all done manual on this one so that is why the playing is not that great. Drums, Keyboard, Guitar, Bass. We only had an hour to get the instruments down. Vocals done at home later with cell phone. Zurf I have been trying to get a tune out of a Hamonica I got given at Christmas and it has proved to be a tough instrument to conquer.