I have put my version of After The Gold Rush up on soundcloud if anyone is interested to have a listen. https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/after-the-goldrush
2,776 2016-06-01 05:53:20
Re: June 2016 Featured Song - After the Goldrush - Neil Young (74 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
2,777 2016-05-30 05:18:47
Re: MAY 2016 - Featured Song - Ode to Billy Joe - Bobbie Gentry (81 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
That sounds like a good name fo a new musical movement the. Sleeping Glass Eyed Club.
2,778 2016-05-30 05:03:32
Re: Halfway Gone (10 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Roger I like your version it felt like the late Roy Orbison was trying make a return through your voice.
2,779 2016-05-30 04:45:42
Re: Easy Beat (6 replies, posted in Poems)
That sounds like you know Easy Beat. On the tennis court he is a legend of great wit, and return hits.
When the the Easy Beat Film comes out will we have Peter Fonda playing Easy Beat.
I want Jack Nicholson to play me.
2,780 2016-05-30 04:37:29
Re: New Forum Section (15 replies, posted in About Chordie)
Peatle Jville wrote:It is wonderful to have a talented New Zealand, Wahine of Waiata on chordie as a moderator well done Jandle . Wahine is a Maori word for lady and Waiata (why art ah ) is the Maori word for song.
So are you suggesting something like: Waiata Wahine Moderator?
Roger
I think the Uke-A-Lady moderator is the best title it has nice flow to it.. Wahine Waiata doesnt have a flow to it and wasnt meant as a name sugestion, I was just comenting on it was nice to have a Kiwi moderator. Kiwi is a New Zealand Native bird and also the word Kiwi is a name for a New Zealander. When New Zealanders and Australians get together we refer to ourselves as Ozzies and Kiwis. I also know that folks overseas refer to Kiwi Fruit as a Kiwi.
2,781 2016-05-28 01:30:22
Re: New Forum Section (15 replies, posted in About Chordie)
It is wonderful to have a talented New Zealand, Wahine of Waiata on chordie as a moderator well done Jandle . Wahine is a Maori word for lady and Waiata (why art ah ) is the Maori word for song.
2,782 2016-05-28 01:06:17
Re: Too Young to Die All Alone (4 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Maree and I use to work with young addicts and this song could be about most of them. Love the way you do it on soundcloud.
2,783 2016-05-28 01:01:07
Re: Fat Mike's Home Street Home (3 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
That is a powerful musical of our times cutting right to the bone thank you Beamer for putting me on to it.
2,784 2016-05-28 00:46:17
Topic: Easy Beat (6 replies, posted in Poems)
This a few words about running into Easy Beat on a street in Wellington.
Easy Beat
Standing on Salamanca Road talking to Easy Beat.
On a street next to Vic University with passing clever feet,
Talking about music and poetry from a working mans seat.
Enlightening me about words that are poetry does Easy Beat.
Before my feet move on marching to their own beat.
Cheeky Tuis calling at us.
Rustling away on branches looking for nector.
Distracting us for a minute while we consider the tunes and lyrics of life.
Passing thoughts.
Next to passing traffic rushing by, we take our time.
Enjoying a moment not letting it pass too quick.
He has a tennis ball to chase.
I have a public servants job to complete.
We are not off just to compete we just want to be complete.
Thank you friend for your time on the street.
Thats me and my friend Easy Beat.
2,785 2016-05-22 07:00:19
Re: Cheap Thrills (6 replies, posted in Poems)
Thank you Jandle my vocals need a bit of work.but hopefully each new song I attempt is differant from the ones I have done before. I appreciate the way you consistantly take time to have a listen to what people put up and offer a comment. EB has good thought provoking words, he has a wonderful way of making good statements without over doing things.
2,786 2016-05-21 22:33:01
Re: Cheap Thrills (6 replies, posted in Poems)
EB I have used your poem Cheap Thrills and put it up as a song on soundcloud. Hope I have done it ok. soundcloud.com/eatleville/cheap-thrills
2,787 2016-05-21 00:05:17
Re: me and such. (7 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Has an interesting middle eastern feel to your playing. I could imagine people folk dancing to that tune in a town square on a hot still summers evening.
2,788 2016-05-20 23:23:04
Re: Cheap Thrills (6 replies, posted in Poems)
That is a great piece on todays throw away society and craft skills now relegated to history.
I dont want to hear songs writen by computers.
I dont want a computerised love.
I want real human love.
Love of a real person.
The rest of life has been overtaken by cheap and thats all we can affford.
First it was cheap labour overseas that took our jobs.
Now it is technology objects created by passionless machines.
2,789 2016-05-20 23:08:09
Re: Discontented life (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Good one ctech not over done not under done.
2,790 2016-05-20 23:05:22
Re: my nephews band (4 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
The lads have talent and a nice laid back style.
2,791 2016-05-20 22:55:03
Re: ST JAMES INFIRMARY (15 replies, posted in My local band and me)
I love your cover your got the voice soul and playing. This to me this is what good Blues is all about and this is why this song will live on. A personal favourite of mine.
2,792 2016-05-18 07:28:17
Re: Black Muddy River Cover (10 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Love the way you play and sing.
2,793 2016-05-17 08:23:50
Re: MAY 2016 - Featured Song - Ode to Billy Joe - Bobbie Gentry (81 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Hi Jandal I put a cover up on soundcloud just my version of a Bob Dylan song . It is not as good as what you have done.
2,794 2016-05-16 06:08:34
Re: Calloused Hands (5 replies, posted in Poems)
Being a graduate of the school of hard knocks and having attended the university of life your words resonate with me.
2,795 2016-05-16 06:00:04
Re: "If I Didn't Have Music......." (10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
If I didnt have music the space between my ears would have very little going on.
2,796 2016-05-16 05:55:01
Re: Too Young To Die This Old (3 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Tig your a song factory turning out high powerd quality lyrics.
2,797 2016-05-16 05:49:22
Re: MAY 2016 - Featured Song - Ode to Billy Joe - Bobbie Gentry (81 replies, posted in Featured Song of the Month)
Jandle you have set the bar high your cover hits all the right spots. Pure Magic.
2,798 2016-05-15 00:27:22
Re: Me and You (11 replies, posted in Songwriting)
I like the way you write about relationship challenges.
2,799 2016-05-15 00:21:16
Re: Progress? (8 replies, posted in Poems)
I like what you are saying Tenement the world outlook of young criminals has subtly been shaped or brainwashed into them by the constant negative bombardment that entertainments subtly place into their susceptible brains. Also the new generation of so called Reality Stars seem to get more media coverage then thery deserve. People famous for been famous with no real talent or good character.
2,800 2016-05-15 00:08:49
Re: Daryl - self-taught guy (13 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Hi Daryl
I see that you are from the Phillipines. It would great to see you on the Geographical Spread Map on chordie if are interested under Chat Corner. I am looking forward to hearing some of your playing.