
727 2015-09-25 06:58:25
Re: autoharp players (23 replies, posted in Other string instruments)
A multi stringed instrument with buttons to press to play chords, They have a rather unique sound:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoharp
Roger
728 2015-09-24 21:28:23
Re: autoharp players (23 replies, posted in Other string instruments)
I love the sound of an autoharp. I did own one until I had burglars who cleaned me out, hopefully I will get one again.
Welcome Heidi, nice to meet you too.
Roger
729 2015-09-24 12:05:46
Re: New Guitar Day (32 replies, posted in Acoustic)
Well that has certainly put a smile on your face. Nice looking guitar, have fun!!!
Roger
730 2015-09-21 13:43:31
Re: Some Free Jokes For On-Stage Patter (27 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE Mountain Dew!!!
Roger
Can't get it here though perhaps I should move in permanently with Amy and Jim.... ![]()
731 2015-09-18 20:07:02
Re: Some Free Jokes For On-Stage Patter (27 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Bill, as you can see here is a photo of the Aer Lingus menu...
Roger

732 2015-09-18 12:40:37
Re: Some Free Jokes For On-Stage Patter (27 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
My current favourite is about the woman who was arrested for bludgeoning her husband to death with his guitar collection.
At her appearance in court, the judge asked "First offender?"
To which she replied "No! First a Gibson and then a Fender"
![]()
Roger
P.S. As Amy now knows (I ate some at her home) crisp sandwiched are a British delicacy. They are even on the Aer Lingus flight menu. Great with tomato ketchup on too. ![]()
733 2015-09-18 12:30:31
Re: "The Cigarette Train" (Cont'd From An Earlier Post) (13 replies, posted in Songwriting)
...or Google "train sound effects mp3 free download" and see what you can find.
Roger
734 2015-09-16 07:58:05
Re: I must get one of these :) (6 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I will only wear white T shirts and was not done in white
so I could not get one.
Roger
735 2015-09-16 07:52:38
Re: Soundcloud Links (8 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Absolutely!! We want to hear you ![]()
Roger
736 2015-09-15 20:51:00
Re: I must get one of these :) (6 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
This is the link to the supplier: http://teespring.com/buy-a-guitar
Roger
737 2015-09-15 18:49:12
Topic: I must get one of these :) (6 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)

738 2015-09-14 19:20:32
Re: Blast from the Past (2 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
It is still on 'Friends of Chordie' MySpace: https://myspace.com/friendsofchordie/mu … 1-34006800
If anyone else is interested the lyrics and chords and those whom contributed are in this thread: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9837
Roger
739 2015-09-14 16:59:59
Topic: Blast from the Past (2 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Back in 2008 I started a collaboration and we produced a song called "Wrapped in Happiness".
This morning, right out of the blue I received an e-mail from Rachael Hodgins (Radchael1975), one of the contributors, who has not been on Chordie for quite some time. Unfortunately I was getting ready for work and did not have much time to chat, but she is still playing guitar and teaching her 13 year old how to also.
I will have to find out more tonight. ![]()
Roger
740 2015-09-14 15:29:49
Re: Monday Morning's Classics (85 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Bill, no need for apologies, it is only a suggestion. I just thought that as the 'Blues' and the 'Rock' links are there they would be better together and the title change lets everyone know what it is about.
It can stay here as it is, if you prefer, it is your topic.
Your decision, Sir!!
Roger
741 2015-09-14 15:06:39
Re: Monday Morning's Classics (85 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Can I suggest that I change the title of this topic to "Monday Morning's Classics" and move it to 'Bands and Artists' where the other music suggestions are?
Roger
742 2015-09-13 08:08:53
Re: Hit the 20 mark. NGD x 2 for Jx3. (9 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Congratulations looks like a great find. Be careful though, you will soon be having to buy a larger house to accommodate them all ![]()
Roger
On Facebook:
Click on your Fb photo for the full image.
Right click on your photo.
Select properties, at the bottom of the menu.
Highlight 'Address (URL)', make sure you get it all.
Right click and select 'Copy'.
On Chordie:
Type [img] on your Chordie post.
Right click immediately after and click 'Paste', to add the URL to your post.
Type [/img] immediately after the URL.
Click on 'Preview' to check it is OK.
You can click on 'Edit' on your initial post to see what I added.
743 2015-09-13 07:44:51
Re: Can Someone Suggest 3 CHords For Me, Please? (37 replies, posted in Poems)
Something like this?

Roger
744 2015-09-13 07:37:05
Re: New Guitar Day (32 replies, posted in Acoustic)
Thanks TF. That is very interesting, one is never too old to learn something new and that is my something new for today
.
Roger
745 2015-09-13 07:30:31
Re: No add/remove option (25 replies, posted in About Chordie)
OK, thanks, passed on upstairs ![]()
Roger
746 2015-09-12 20:06:01
Re: New Guitar Day (32 replies, posted in Acoustic)
Nice looking guitar, congratulations.
I do not understand the 'Spanish heel' bit though, something I have never heard before.
Roger
747 2015-09-12 15:06:09
Re: Added Another One To The Songbook, Rick..... (5 replies, posted in Song requests)
Bill what you have posted is probably copyright material and, if so, it will removed by the section Moderator.
However I think that the chords are shown in the wrong place and should be something like this:
Burning BridgesKelly's Heroes
Roger
It is OK to show a couple of lines as an example so this is allowed.
748 2015-09-11 17:40:00
Re: Atlantic Blues Fest.. (4 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Looks like you are in for a good weekend yourselves. Have fun and don't do anything I would not do ![]()
Roger
749 2015-09-08 16:54:57
Re: Settle folk week end (11 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Great, that was much cleared and having the words helped too.
Thank you,
Roger