Ken folk country music story telling in a song at its best.
1,201 2020-12-18 23:11:43
Re: SONGS ABOUT YOU - experimenting with a new guitar set-up (3 replies, posted in My local band and me)
1,202 2020-12-15 22:21:33
Re: Song- Oh What A Night ! (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Jim your song would sound great sung with a church choir. Perfect lyrics.
1,203 2020-12-13 21:27:56
Re: social distance (8 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Season greetings everyone, Here in NZ we don't have Covid in the community as far as we know. Kiwi collectively all did the right things earlier on and we managed to stamp it out. Though like the rest of the world we have a few idiots. I got this clip sent to me which I thought was really good of our Prime minister answering children's questions about their concerns around Santa and Christmas. Stay safe everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWMaKKmy4oI
1,204 2020-12-12 23:15:57
Re: social distance (8 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Phill hope they roll out that vaccine soon. All those people running around with masks and keeping safe distances must be a hard way to live for all you good folk over there? Not been able to have a bevy with friends not much fun. One of my friends here owns a couple of pubs over in the UK his sons they are struggling to keep the business over there going for him.
1,205 2020-12-09 19:47:37
Re: Red Sails (12 replies, posted in Songwriting)
DE I ;love the way you use the weather as a metaphor to describe what's going down in the relationship.
1,206 2020-12-09 19:44:33
Re: NAKED BLUES (2 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Your sounding good on that one Russell. .
1,207 2020-12-09 19:42:10
Re: Old Song/Updated Lyrics - Mountain Too High (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
DE I like the common sense positivity of your song. Excellent story telling with an empowering message.
1,208 2020-12-06 22:33:33
Re: Song- Oh What A Night ! (7 replies, posted in Songwriting)
That is a magic Christmas carol you have written Jim.
Merry Christmas to you and your family also to all of those here on Chordie.
1,209 2020-12-04 19:46:03
Re: Listen - Original Song (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Good one Bud please post more often. You have a great voice and you know how to write a perfect lyric and compose a good tune.
1,210 2020-12-02 20:19:22
Re: Crossing Genres - Death by Banjo (1 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
Good one DE that style of music is popular down here in New Zealand. Your man Paul Brown plays a good banjo plus the rest of his band play their parts well. One of mine and Easy Beats mates is now doing some work with musicians who play that style of music and is finding it a fun style to play plus it keeps him on his toes.
1,211 2020-11-26 19:41:25
Re: Political Road (1 replies, posted in Poems)
EB, show how weird my mind works at times when I hear politicians talk about road infrastructure Neil Diamonds voice comes into my head singing.
The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows where
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother
Sometimes I also get that Canned Heat song playing in my head On The Road Again or even better Willie Nelson doing his On The Road Again.
Maybe the Beatles summed it up best when they sung about the number of holes in the road in Lancashire.
1,212 2020-11-24 22:25:47
Topic: Easy Beat Poems (4 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
On Sunday 29 November 2020 there is launch of a new book, Somewhere a cleaner, poems by Kiwi cleaners, in the Grand Hall at Parliament. Parliament is where New Zealand government runs the country. In this book Somewhere A Cleaner are couple of poems by Chordies very own Easybeat.
1,213 2020-11-24 22:19:40
Re: Kings Pleasure (2 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Hear ye hear ye Easy Beat you and Mr Shakespeare have a fine way with words.
1,214 2020-11-24 05:59:47
Re: Beartooth (4 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
I really liked the first song.
1,215 2020-11-24 05:52:28
Re: Keep Dancing (5 replies, posted in Poems)
I agree Beamer trimming the fat out of stories and turning them into songs is hard. I'm still trying to find the right lyrics for this song and also I am stuck on how to make it flow.
1,216 2020-11-24 05:47:02
Re: For Beamer - Small Medium at Large (4 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
DE that is funny a very entertaining watch.
1,217 2020-11-24 05:44:35
Re: lies. (3 replies, posted in Poems)
Love the humor Phill gave me a good chuckle.
1,218 2020-11-24 05:43:13
Re: Don't touch the gun (4 replies, posted in Poems)
Beamer great lyrics I like that verse
Walking zombie
What can you say?
Go on auto-pilot
Get through your day
All the verses are good but this one keeps playing in my head.
1,219 2020-11-22 23:53:29
Re: Saints and Sinners - by TIGLJK (19 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Excellent lyrics Jim. Here is some of my thought on social circles and people feeling bruised. Losers , winners, Saints and sinners and the path they choose. Looking at the news sometimes I can see to have conversations with those with different points of view is impossible.
Price To Pay
In a way of land there is a man who many think is their Messiah.
There are also many of those who don’t.
His words are gospel to some and to other's just half truths and no truths.
Is he sent by the Devil or sent by the lord?
Some say ,“ propaganda and slander.”
Some have thoughts they are frighten to express.
Fear that those they love dear are unable to hear thoughts they hold sincere.
They can’t even agree on what they believe or see with a disease called Covid.
Apart from maybe knowing some will get over it.
People have free will over who they put on the top of the hill.
Their decisions maybe wise or they can divide.
Be it right or be it a sin the majority will always win.
I suppose for many today arrogance of a leader isn’t a sin.
I can still hear my Sunday school teacher from when I was a kid reading that bible verse,
‘Whoever wants to be a leader among you must also be your servant.”
Enough of what’s happening out in the big somewhere.
I will just sit here and enjoy my garden and hope my Roses will bloom.
While my neighbor over the fence talks to his friends on zoom.
For those who read this who have been profoundly affected.
Please don’t think that I have been completely disaffected.
I guess it is true many with strong views end up going in circles.
Spinning the spin and never giving in.
There is always a price to pay.
1,220 2020-11-22 23:37:25
Re: searchin` (3 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Phill I won a scholarship years ago to go to Art school after three months I gave them their money back and dropped out of it and I went back to my normal job. I had enough of all the pretentious yuppies that end up in Art School circles.
1,223 2020-11-21 23:28:12
Re: searchin` (3 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Good one Phill as the old saying goes “We can’t always choose the music life plays for us, but we can choose how we dance to it.”. I like that line of yours, " low flying high brows think they know it all". My Maree is a classical girl that likes ballet. Often she tells me the annoying thing about some people who go to watch ballet and classical music is they think their superior to lesser beings like me who love good old rock and roll. and folk music.
1,224 2020-11-21 04:13:45
Re: Keep Dancing (5 replies, posted in Poems)
Thanks for your feedback Brian it was all about a few minute encounter with a street lady.
Cheers Phill I was just writing this about this encounter in a observational sort of way as it all happened over a few minutes but it didn't drag me down just got me thinking. She was dancing around me and talking at the same time. She knows my face from my last job and I know her. My last job before I retired put me in contact with many street people so they tend to engage with me when they see me in town. The druggies and those sleeping rough don't try and ask me for money because they know all they will get of me at best is some food. The money most of them get goes on drugs. Lying and cheating is all part of what druggies and alkies do for them it is all about getting the next fix or high. Many years back when Maree and I use to be involved with the Salvation Army drug rehab center many would eventually after going through rehab would end up back on drugs and alcohol. I am thankful that I can enjoy a beer or whatever but for some people it is a slippery down hill slope. I have friends who work with street people and most of the long term street people here are quiet happy living on the streets. When we were in lockdown and there was no one around town they all accepted accommodation. Once the lockdown ended most of them decided they wanted to be back on the street again. We are always going to have people on the margins it is just the way life is. The few that do break out of that lifestyle quiet often go on to do wonderful things. Here in New Zealand a big percentage our prison inmates have drug and alcohol abuse problems. One of Easybeats and my Sunday pub seshin buddies is an ex prison warden he tells us lots stories of prisoners trying to get drugs smuggled in. .I will attach a rough Idea of what I was trying to achieve it needs more work and any feedback welcome. Just recorded on my laptop as usual and the quality not the best but hopefully it will have some entertainment value.
1,225 2020-11-21 03:39:18
Re: folk song (6 replies, posted in Songwriting)
EB good lyrics about the treachery of the sea at times..