Excellent guitar Richard and lady on vocals good. Across here in NZ on some days we got the smoke from the Ozzy fires drifting through our air. Your fire fighters and also those who came from other countries are heroes in my eyes. Pleased to hear you and your family came through it good.
1,401 2020-01-26 21:09:35
Re: These boots are made for walking (cover) Nancy Sinatra (12 replies, posted in My local band and me)
1,402 2020-01-26 21:01:06
Re: Busy Evening (7 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
DE that is awsome what your group does in the community. Your part of the USA sounds a good place to visit and get exposed to good local music.
1,403 2020-01-26 20:58:06
Re: RETRACTION OF ANNOUNCEMENT (9 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Good on you Beamer for knowing what you want out of a band and sticking to it. I like fəˈnɛtɪk or is it phonetic spelling. No wonder I get confused words never look like what they sound is it sycology or psychology. In my short time playing in a rock band I found egos hard to deal with so I got out of it. I think with many groups they tend to revolve around the player with the biggest ego. Though I did enjoy doing a few Sunday afternoon gigs when I was in my twenties with a bunch of old guys who were in their sixties and seventies with me singing some old jazz and blues standards badly. Egos in music and big aguments have always been there. Take the famous Handel who wrote Handels Messiah sung by choirs all around the world. A bizarre incident in 1704 might have seen Handel's composing career cut tragically short after a set-to with fellow composer Johann Mattheson. The two had a duel over who should conduct their orchestra., Mattheson almost killed Handel with his sword, which fortunately struck a button on Handel's chest rather than the chest itself.
1,404 2020-01-18 23:42:07
Re: Echo in the Canyon (3 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Cheers Jim that doco is a very cool look at music from that era.
1,405 2020-01-02 03:37:41
Re: Love at First Sight (4 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Jim you catch the beauty of falling in love perfectly.
1,406 2020-01-02 03:33:22
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR (4 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Happy New Year to you all.
1,407 2020-01-02 03:31:01
Re: Announcement (11 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Congratulations Phill that is a perfect way to start Christmas day.
1,408 2019-12-25 21:35:56
Re: New take on silent night (6 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Grah very Frank Zappa but not quiet as I Imagine Simon & Garfunkel. would do it but very much in the style of another great song "The Sound of Silence". This is something of a touching revelation a new way of singing and playing for me something that maybe I can achieve to keep my family happy over this festive season. A little dark fror a lightbulb moment but oh so peaceful.
1,409 2019-12-25 00:37:08
Re: I'm geared up for performing with a new band (3 replies, posted in My local band and me)
Welcome Camry to Chordie great to have you on here adding your insights.
1,410 2019-12-24 21:33:52
Re: Merry Christmas And Happy New Year..... (9 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Merry Christmas and a happy new year Bill and Dondra and family also to all the Chordie family. It is wonderful to see your post today.
God bless you and your family.
Love from,
Pete and Maree
1,411 2019-12-20 23:32:25
Re: Blues Friday New Page (311 replies, posted in Bands and artists)
CG,I like Nora’s laid back style. I read a few years back that she is the daughter of the Sitar maestro Ravi Shankar. She radiates a nice serenity on stage.
1,412 2019-12-17 21:15:53
Re: Christmas gig (8 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Roger I enjoyed the video of your group. The Sallies do a great job in the community everywhere they are in the world..
1,413 2019-12-17 21:08:07
Re: Living With The Voice Inside (13 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Cheers Phill my ladyship Maree use to love my love poems years back but she never liked my singing.. Whenever I try to express my love for her nowadays in a poem or song it comes out like I am trying to win favour for some scheme Im dreaming up that will go down like a lead balloon with her. On most occasions instead of hearing her say that is lovely Peatle I get a cynical look on her face a roll of the eyes with what are you after now.
Zurf I have times when I don't like the voice in my head.
1,414 2019-12-16 06:10:07
Re: Living With The Voice Inside (13 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Yes Peatle- it happens to me all the time!
I will see something or hear some one say something that reverberates and it is like a
voice inside that sticks there until I write something about it.
For example the song I wrote Three Words, Eight Letters - I was in a little cafe having breakfast while waiting for my car to be repaired. This woman came in that I did not know, but I could tell she was distressed. She was a stunning middle aged gal, and as I sat there- the words to the song just kept coming to my head. I have no idea what really was the matter with her, but I just imagined a love story and fictionalized it in my head that I wanted to fall in love with her.I use my phone a lot... instead of writing ideas on paper - I usually just text myself the idea.
Good topic my friend for those of us who like to write - I am interested to hear from everyone on this.
Jim
Cheers Jim
I like the phone idea sometimes I use the recorder on my phone to store ideas. I do nearly all my song recordings on the phone for soundcloud and youtube.
1,415 2019-12-16 05:59:33
Re: Living With The Voice Inside (13 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
I find words pop into my head at various times so I write them down and sometimes they tun into songs
Grah That is what happens to me words pop onto my head. Often words arrive at weird times and I find if I try to write something it hardly ever works it is only when I am not trying it happens.
1,416 2019-12-16 05:53:51
Re: Christmas Love (3 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Jim I love the way you put that together. Good to see lyrics that think about those are going through a rough time at Christmas,
1,417 2019-12-16 05:51:23
Re: Christmas gig (8 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Roger the facebook wouldn't let me in. I would love to see the clip.
1,418 2019-12-15 00:14:34
Topic: Living With The Voice Inside (13 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Ever since I was a teenager I have always had words and tunes going through my head. Back in the good old days when people wrote letters I use to write to all sorts of people and some would write to me. Now it is more instant with email. I don’t do websites much only a few and I tend to be erratic in my visits to them. I have always found this great sense of release when I write something like a poem a song or email. I always feel the words hanging around in my head are prisoners waiting to be released. Somethings I write I don’t like to share it is just the fact that I have put it on paper is enough for me a private note to myself. Here is a short video attached of a couple of kiwi poets talking about that subject. I wonder if anyone else on here has thoughts on that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgF_sjZGJl0
1,419 2019-12-14 23:59:05
Re: Forever and a Light Year (12 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Jeff that is a beautiful song and you are very blessed to have a wonderful wife.
1,420 2019-12-14 11:31:32
Re: NBD (13 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
Peatle Jville wrote:Good one Phill a man has to pamper himself every now and then. A crafty mate of mine brought his wife a guitar to learn on and it just so happened that as a good husband he had no choice but to show her how good a present it was by playing it himself.
Good, sound reasoning. It's a tough job but someone has to do it? How did he get her to cut her nails?
I don't know about her nails or sharp claws. She is Japanese and every time he buys another guitar or musical gear she uses some very interesting Japanese words.
1,421 2019-12-11 20:52:08
Re: NBD (13 replies, posted in Guitars and accessories)
Good one Phill a man has to pamper himself every now and then. A crafty mate of mine brought his wife a guitar to learn on and it just so happened that as a good husband he had no choice but to show her how good a present it was by playing it himself.
1,422 2019-12-11 20:43:37
Re: NGIB (10 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Jim that is a unique beautiful guitar love your use of differant woods. Looks like it would be fun to play. That would be a perfect heirloom for the generations of your famiy to come. A real treasure .
1,423 2019-12-11 11:40:35
Re: when its all said and done (5 replies, posted in Songwriting)
Another brilliant peice of songwriting.Mojo
1,424 2019-12-11 11:27:59
Re: very important topic please read thanks easybeat (7 replies, posted in Chordie's Chat Corner)
Good one EB . I am glad you are talking about this. As you know I got hIt by depression and anxiety years ago. It came on real quick at a time when my life was going good outwardly but on the inside I was falling apart. I went from being a confident person to a mess. I was in a very dark space but with help and time I am now in a good place, The brain is an organ that can play up like any other part of the body. Now I am in a good space. Way back in the past I had to get help and find ways to get my self back to being a normal functioning person it all took time. Now I know what can trigger my brain to go into a dark space I have good stategies to avoid that.. A big part of my recovery was having people to talk to and also finding out that depression and anxiety can hit anyone. The people I know who have been through this are quiet often people I wouldnt have suspected to have experienced this until they opened up and have shared their experience with me.
1,425 2019-12-07 23:13:11
Re: SPRING; MOTHER OF NATURE (9 replies, posted in Poems)
Cheers Phill thank you for your kind thoughts and also for reawakening my sense of awe and wonder of mother nature when reading your poem. I blame Bing Crosby singing White Christmas on the radio here for making snow at this time of year a romantic thought. My family and some of my friends like to sing it as a sing along every Christmas. Many of our young ones have never been in snow and have only seen it on the mountains in the distance. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.